Honored Contributor

I can't stand that audience on that show!! They applause to everything! The oooooooooo and aaaaahhhhhhhh to everything.

Somehow I guess that's appealing to some but I HATE it. I wish they'd shut up! Clap if they want but the verbal remarks are stupid.

Today they have Dame Edith on there! I absolutely love Dame Edith. She is wonderful! I've watched her for years.

Honored Contributor

Argh! Studio audiences are a peeve of mine. You zeroed in on exactly why - they wildly applause, and whoop and holler, at everything - even stuff that isn't happening, or people who are actually THERE, but stuff that they mention and people whose names they mention. It annoys me to no end.

Maybe part of that is that I have such loud tinnitus and have enough trouble hearing ONE thing without there being ten other things and two hundred people making ridiculous noise. But a lot of times I have to put on headphones to hear what is being said. Of course, that applies to not only studio shows but movies and shows where there has to be background music, weird sounds, AND people talking. I can only hear two things at a time - the ringing in my ears and ONE other thing.

I'm just getting to today's episode now.

Honored Contributor

chicken, my late husband had that.

Respected Contributor

I thought Whoopi and Rosie O were going to get in a fight today about Brian Williams lying. I think if the guest interviewer had not been there to laugh it off, it would have been bad. Whoopi will not let go on thinking she is right all the time and Rosie backed down a little.

I would be surprised if Rosie comes back next year if Whoopi is still there. Whoopi needs to go. The whole show is too messy and chopped up.

Honored Contributor

Why don't they make Mario a co-host already? He's on all the time and seems like he can be counted on last minute. I like him and thought he would make a good addition to the show when they were casting the new season. I think the show is probably going to hire a fifth person to co-host.

Honored Contributor

I thought the whole premiss was supposed to be for and about females? I don't know, never watched it more than a few times over the years, I just thought that.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/5/2015 annabellethecat said:

I can't stand that audience on that show!! They applause to everything! The oooooooooo and aaaaahhhhhhhh to everything.

Somehow I guess that's appealing to some but I HATE it. I wish they'd shut up! Clap if they want but the verbal remarks are stupid.

Today they have Dame Edith on there! I absolutely love Dame Edith. She is wonderful! I've watched her for years.

Boy I so agree with you on the audience reactions to almost everything. Surely there is someone off camera egging them on. It needs to stop as it doesn't add anything to the show. I used to watch Ellen but the way they whip that audience into shape when she comes on stage annoys me. The other thing that irks me is the background music on some of the dramatic shows. So often it is too darn loud, can't hear the dialogue especially when the actors are whispering. Why? Oh well, I guess I am just in a crabby mood tonight {#emotions_dlg.mad}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I just remembered something. This pertains to audience noise. I was watching a few minutes of the Wendy Williams show.

It showed her walking up into the audience. There was a person (I believe it was female) standing down on the floor facing the audience with arms waving crazy lifting them up over and over and over and the audience got louder and louder. It was crazy. This person was whipping them into a frenzy .

We all know there are 'warm up' people for everything, but things have gotten crazy that way.

The audiences on these talk shows go crazy. On this particular show I have to change the channel because they make stupid noise that is associated with ignorant acting females.

I consider females to be intelligent not ignorant acting. At least not responding the way this audience does.

Someone must like it or my guess is that it would end. If anything it is worse than ever.

On that show they promote everything CBS. It gets on my last nerve. Julie Chin gets on my last nerve.

Honored Contributor

Oh yeah, you know they do that stuff to make the audience go crazy. I guess they figure it makes the show seem more appealing if there are a lot of people whooping and hollering the whole time. If it weren't for the producers, the audience would probably prefer to sit there and actually hear what's going on - just like the rest of us would!

I'm not a fan of Julie Chen either. I watched their show on the first season and then dropped it when they dropped Leah and Holly. After a few months I decided to check it out again and didn't last long. The lady who took Leah's seat (on the far left end) just made me want to throw the tv off the top of my house. Too too much for me! I do like Aisha Tyler, who took Holly's seat and always have. She's very smart and very funny. I've always been a fan. But it was kind of awful the way they treated Leah & Holly.

I would just like to be able to hear the show and not all the SCREAMY stuff.

Regular Contributor

The most annoying audience is the screaming on The Talk - it is so shrill and loud and really obnoxious for every guest and at every break and really sickening. I think Wendy's audience is very enthusiastic in more of a fun way with things they do like ""whoo-whoo""in unison or whatever it is. Suzanne seems like a lot of fun and I love that Wendy puts the spotlight on her occasionally. I was in the View audience last year before this new panel and they didn't whip the audience into a frenzy - it was not over the top like now. Too many changes this season that are turnoffs.