Respected Contributor

So glad The View is back.  They started their 25th year this morning.  It was a good show, all hot topics.  

Super Contributor

I personally can't/won't watch The View for a lot of reasons. That aside, congratulations to the show. 25 years is quite a milestone.

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't watched since Lisa Ling was on. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Haven't watched since Lisa Ling was on. 

That's about when I stopped watching on a regular basis, too.  Lisa was an interesting cohost.

Valued Contributor

I really like the premise of this show but it hasn't been what it was for quite some time. Can't remember when I finally gave up watching but it's been a while and I haven't miss it at all.

Respected Contributor

I don't think I have watched it since Barbara Walters left.

Frankly, I am shocked it has lasted this long.  But talk shows are relatively inexpensive to produce, that is why there are so many of them.

No matter who the hosts are, I am not really interested in their opinions.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Catty2 

Thanks for the heads up.     What cracks me up is when people say they won't watch it because they disagree with what's being discussed.   All I can say is ... seriously?  

"Women" as a group, don't agree on everything, and never have.  So what?  If nothing else, considering an opposing viewpoint makes us re-think our own positions.  It may reaffirm what we already believe, or ... it may make us reconsider.  When people are threatened by others' views, it often means they just haven't really fully considered the positions they maintain.    It's basically saying "don't confuse me with the facts, I've already made up my mind".

Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox now.   LOL  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reminder!   I had totally forgotten that it was back.  Usually I watch the recording a little bit after it records.   D'oh!  Setting out to watch the episode now.  Seems like it's been gone for a long time, even though it hasn't been all that long.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Catty2 

Thanks for the heads up.     What cracks me up is when people say they won't watch it because they disagree with what's being discussed.   All I can say is ... seriously?  

"Women" as a group, don't agree on everything, and never have.  So what?  If nothing else, considering an opposing viewpoint makes us re-think our own positions.  It may reaffirm what we already believe, and it may make us reconsider.  When people are threatened by others' views, it often means they just haven't really fully considered the positions they maintain.    It's basically saying "don't confuse me with the facts, I've already made up my mind".

Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox now.   LOL  Woman LOL

For me, I liked the show in the beginning because of the differing views but when it became so unbalanced and argumentative, I decided it just isn't worth my time any more.

Respected Contributor

Don't mind hearing different opinions if you start with the truth about a topic. These hosts tell half truths leaving out important information. Not worth my time.