Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I don't like or dislike Sharon Osborne any more than the others on the show.  It's stab in the back Julie Chen that bothers me.

OK I have not watched this show in a long time.  What do you mean about stab in the back.  Is Julie not there anymore?

@sunshine 919, this is old news really but when the show first began, Sheryl and Aisha were not host.  There were two other ladies there that I liked but can't remember their names right now.  Supposedly they all 'loved' each other, acting just as lovey Dover as the group does now.

After a year or two towards the end of summer hiatus, it was televised on the news shows that the two hosts were no longer on The Talk.  This is how the ladies found out that they were fired...through the media.  That's why I call Chen a back stabbed. It's Chen's husband's show and that's where the firing came from.  I kind of believe Osborne was involved, too.  It was never mentioned on the air.  They just welcomed Aisha and Sheryl as if nothing had happened.

@Mmsfoxxie

I disagree .....   corporate structure doesn't work that way in an entertainment company.

In a regular company, a person being terminated would be given the bad news by either their supervisor or someone in the HR Dept.  They certainly wouldn't be terminated by one of their co-workers.  Julie Chen (or her husband) isn't a producer on the show and it wouldn't be her place to make those decisions OR do the firing.  I'm sure she has input, but I'm pretty sure her most important concern is to keep those ratings up.   If the chemistry wasn't right amongst the hosts, the producers make the changes, and maybe it wasn't handled correctly.  It happens.   (The View also axed a host the first season; this seems pretty common)

BTW ......   Even with Les Moonves (CEO at CBS Corporation) as her husband, if the show's ratings tank, the show gets cancelled.   It is what it is.   

Honored Contributor

Re: The View ( OOPS The Talk)

I don't care for the show or any of the hosts, unfortunately I'm assaulted with it every time I go to the gym.

Valued Contributor

Sharon doesn't bother me but I can't stand Sheryl! She has too many sexual comments and she is not nearly as funny as she thinks she is! I like Sara and Julie but I don't believe that either of them really think Sheryl is funny either. I hope Carnie Wilson does not take Aisha's spot! 

Honored Contributor

@Baylie wrote:

Sharon doesn't bother me but I can't stand Sheryl! She has too many sexual comments and she is not nearly as funny as she thinks she is! I like Sara and Julie but I don't believe that either of them really think Sheryl is funny either. I hope Carnie Wilson does not take Aisha's spot! 

@Baylie

Ditto ......   I have always felt that Sheryl was the wrong choice to provide comedy, but they feel sorry for her so they keep her on.   (Referring to her personal life & problems she has shared in the past).

While I think Carne Wilson is a good fill-in host, I don't think she adds all that much as a possible permanent host.  They could do much better. 

JMO

Respected Contributor

I'm still waiting for Whoopie to move to Canada. 

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@truffle

Oh, LOTS of people said that, including my neighbors.  Makes more sense to stay here and work to be sure there's no second term.

Honored Contributor

If I correctly recall, I believe that they announced (a couple of weeks or so ago) that Kelsey Grammer will be a guest on The Talk.   Just in case that episode hasn't yet aired, be on the look-out. .........p.s.  What a talented actor.   I've been watching four Frasier episodes each night back-to-back, (COZI TV), and only since I've been watching those four nightly episodes have I completely realized the genius talent and timing, excellent writers, etc. in Frasier.  My gosh, words cannot describe.....

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

except that she DIDNT say that.

"fake news"

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

When Rush gets back from wherever he went!  Woman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

I watch the talk everyday and enjoy it.  My favorite is Sarah.  She really seems the most real of the bunch.  I think Aisha is very smart and articulate.  As for Julie and Sharon they try to act like regular folk but I find that hard to believe that they can relate to everyday people.  As far as Sheryl I don't understand her talking about sleeping with everyone one moment and very religious the other.  It seems contradictory.