Honored Contributor

Re: The View ( OOPS The Talk)

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I used to watch it sometimes now I don't watch it at all.  My dislike.....mostly the way the audience claps at EVERYTHING.  I visited the bathroom today (applause)!  I did this or that....(applause).  Ugh!  I know there's someone there telling them to clap, but I don't like it.

I think Julie Chinn pretends to be like one of 'us' but come on.......

Sara Gilbert seems to be so out of place on that show.  I like her a lot.  She's intelligent and often says things that balances out the others.  My guess is they pay her really well because I just don't think she'd be on this show otherwise.

@Annabellethecat66

Sara Gilbert is an executive producer on this show.    She's very bright ...  and I'm not sure why you think she's out of place.  At least she doesn't act like a clown.  

Sara may be very intelligent but she adds NOTHING to the show at all. She should stick to producing and get out of chair. She has no personality, has nothing to say and other than being the "gay" host of the group, she does not add any other perspective to the conversation. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I used to watch it sometimes now I don't watch it at all.  My dislike.....mostly the way the audience claps at EVERYTHING.  I visited the bathroom today (applause)!  I did this or that....(applause).  Ugh!  I know there's someone there telling them to clap, but I don't like it.

I think Julie Chinn pretends to be like one of 'us' but come on.......

Sara Gilbert seems to be so out of place on that show.  I like her a lot.  She's intelligent and often says things that balances out the others.  My guess is they pay her really well because I just don't think she'd be on this show otherwise.

I think Sara created the show.  I think it's ok. The show I no longer watch is Kelly and Ryan.  There is no chemistry there.  I tried to watch it and cannot.  Still not sure why Ryan was even in the running.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I don't like or dislike Sharon Osborne any more than the others on the show.  It's stab in the back Julie Chen that bothers me.

OK I have not watched this show in a long time.  What do you mean about stab in the back.  Is Julie not there anymore?

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden Perhaps I didn't make myself clear.  I wasn't criticizing Sara, just the opposite.  I think she Aisha are the one's who make the most sense.

I've known people like Sara in that I think she thinks before she speaks and when she does, it makes sense and it's her words.  She's able to see both sides of the fence (so to speak).  I like that in people.  I've seen some of that in Aisha.  Cheryl is just there mainly for comic relief.  She's OK, but sometimes she boarders on the silly.

I have never cared for Sharon.  I will say I really like the way she supports and adores her children (I like that in Mothers).

As I said, although I DVR the show, I just delete it every day.  I haven't watched it since probably April or March.  

This is just my opinion.  Just like what everyone else has said it their opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never seen The Talk. Don't know why. Just haven't. I like Sara Gilbert, though. Sharon? That's another story. I don't have much respect for any of the Osborne clan. Many of their problems have been self inflicted, and I find them totally lacking in decorum and class. It's hard to emphathize or relate to people who are their own worst enemies. However, to each his own, I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

I laughed out loud at your "cheeky" comment @game-on.  Don't know why, but that rarely heard term always makes me giggle.

The only one in the bunch I can't tolerate is Julie Chen.  I can't put my finger on it, but she has always rubbed me the wrong way.  

Esteemed Contributor

Has Aisha left for good?  I know she was leaving at the end of the season but I haven't seen her this week. Is the season over?  I like her the best.  She's smart, pretty and has a great sense of humor.  Too bad, so sad.......I wonder if they are going to replace her with a permanent host, or just have guests on every so often......

Respected Contributor

"Created"??!!  Isn't "The Talk" like "The View"-Lite??!!!

i get the feeling they are auditioning people for Aisha's spot on the panel, with all the guest hosts.  Who do you like, so far?

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched this show for a while, but I seem to recall having read that Aisha Tyler left.

I watched the entirety of Season One and enjoyed the show, for the most part.   I started hearing the scuttlebutt about Julie and read up on it, which left me kind of cringy about her.

I've always liked Sara.  She's smart and thoughtful.  I have always liked Aisha, ever since Talk Soup.  She's smart, talented, and funny.  Sharon - meh.

But after they burned Leah R and Holly after S01, I stopped watching on principle.   I looked in much later, a few times, and the lady who took Leah's seat on the end was just unwatchable to me.   Too much.  Not funny.  Too screamy.  

Honored Contributor

I knew Aisha was leaving but I didn't see the show when they said WHY.  My guess is because she's now a regular on Criminal Minds (also on the same channel as Julie's husband runs).