Esteemed Contributor

Re: The View ( OOPS The Talk)

Sharon's OK. Sara is too. Aisha Tyler is the only one on the panel who shows a modicum of intelligence. It's clear that they are trying to be The View Lite. However, their obsession with showbiz gossip turns me off after just a few minutes. They purport to be "with it" but they often come off as being superficial and ignorant at times.

Esteemed Contributor

My two favorites on the show are Aisha and Sara for very different reasons. Aisha is warm, sensitive and funny!  Sara is insightful, honest and kind.  I find Julie and Sharon round out the hosts just fine.  

I simply don't like Sheryl.  Most everything that comes out of her mouth has sexual inuendo--I think--because half the time I cannot understand her.  But she clearly thinks she is funnier than she actually is.

I am very sorry Aisha is leaving.  I think a good replacement would be Carnie Wilson.  Although beautiful inside and out , she struggles with her weight.  I think that topic appeals to a large cross section of the viewing audience.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think The Talk is trying to be like The View.

The View is much more all encompassing with politics, current events, entertainment and whatnot.

The Talk seems to avoid political discussions for the most part, and Julie once said that one of their primary goals is to be funny ... like a bunch of girlfriends getting together for a meal and chit chat.     I guess there's nothing wrong with that, but it's definitely a lot more superficial than The View.    JMO

Depends on what type of talk show you prefer.     

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I agree with you in that they are different shows.  I don't see much similarity at all.

I also agree it just depends on the individual what kind of show she or he likes to watch.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I don't like or dislike Sharon Osborne any more than the others on the show.  It's stab in the back Julie Chen that bothers me.

OK I have not watched this show in a long time.  What do you mean about stab in the back.  Is Julie not there anymore?

@sunshine 919, this is old news really but when the show first began, Sheryl and Aisha were not host.  There were two other ladies there that I liked but can't remember their names right now.  Supposedly they all 'loved' each other, acting just as lovey Dover as the group does now.

After a year or two towards the end of summer hiatus, it was televised on the news shows that the two hosts were no longer on The Talk.  This is how the ladies found out that they were fired...through the media.  That's why I call Chen a back stabbed. It's Chen's husband's show and that's where the firing came from.  I kind of believe Osborne was involved, too.  It was never mentioned on the air.  They just welcomed Aisha and Sheryl as if nothing had happened.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie Yep -- Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

My two favorites on the show are Aisha and Sara for very different reasons. Aisha is warm, sensitive and funny!  Sara is insightful, honest and kind.  I find Julie and Sharon round out the hosts just fine.  

I simply don't like Sheryl.  Most everything that comes out of her mouth has sexual inuendo--I think--because half the time I cannot understand her.  But she clearly thinks she is funnier than she actually is.

I am very sorry Aisha is leaving.  I think a good replacement would be Carnie Wilson.  Although beautiful inside and out , she struggles with her weight.  I think that topic appeals to a large cross section of the viewing audience.  

@magicmoodz, I think you're right, Carnie Wilson would make a good permanent host.  I think she tries too hard at times but I enjoy her.  Why Aisha did all of that crying when she announced her departure is beyond me.  It's only the change of a job she's had for two or three years.  People do it all of the time.

You know, I wasn't crazy about Sheryl Underwood at first but I've warmed up to her a little.  Yes, she is cringe worthy sometimes but she is smarter than she acts.  She's 'on' all of the time.  I think the men guests want to run, lol.

But I've heard her talk about her special needs sister that she vowed to always take care of.  I've heard her talk about giving back to people who have less than her.  For instance, in a restaurant, she leaves tips as large or larger than her bill.

As for Ms. Chen, I think she's as phony as a three dollar bill.  I'm sure that Sara is nice but she needs more personality.  Osborne is so caught up in her husband's antics with extra marital affairs that she's only partially there.  And the accent is used to the extreme.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I don't think The Talk is trying to be like The View.

The View is much more all encompassing with politics, current events, entertainment and whatnot.

The Talk seems to avoid political discussions for the most part, and Julie once said that one of their primary goals is to be funny ... like a bunch of girlfriends getting together for a meal and chit chat.     I guess there's nothing wrong with that, but it's definitely a lot more superficial than The View.    JMO

Depends on what type of talk show you prefer.     

That's my view of the show--lite chatter, and I don't read a lot into it, don't really listen closely to it, and enjoy all the women on the show.  I am not a regular viewer but I do tune in maybe once a week or so.

I would not watch The View for any amount of money.  Can't stand Barbara from the beginning or anyone that's ever been on it for that matter.  Those women act like they have the answers to all the earth's problems, and I don't get that vibe from The Talk.

Respected Contributor

Loud and obnoxious with her British accent is what made Sharon successful. For some reason, people love her and same goes for her nutty daughter. Uneducated with a big mouth gets foreigners ahead in this country for some reason. 

Honored Contributor

I occasionally watched "The Talk" and the two who were let go, Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini, were my favorites of the group.  Television can be brutal, but it seems the way they were let go was especially appalling.  I've hardly watched it since then, but Aisha at least has a sharp intelligence and quirky humor, which seems in short supply in this type of programming....