Respected Contributor

The Vicar is the most despicable character ever!

The actor should get a major award!  I detest the Vicar.  I want him to meet his demise.  Anyone else?

Super Contributor

Re: The Vicar is the most despicable character ever!

If you're referring to the vicar on Poldark, I'm with you a thousand percent.  You just want to reach into the TV and smack him.

Respected Contributor

Sooooo creepy........horrible man.  

Trusted Contributor

I so agree with you.  He's vile and disgusting.  A real pig, actually....I shouldn't even insult pigs by comparing them to him because they are great animals, but you know what I mean.

I just started watching Poldark from the beginning...renting the first disc showing the first three episodes.  I tried to restrain myself from watching the new episodes on Sunday nights, but I wasn't able to do so the last two weeks, so now I'm getting ahead of myself.  I hope I'm not spoiling it for myself, and can keep the story line straight.

I love this series.  Can't wait to receive the next episodes from Netflix.

Honored Contributor

Excellent actor, actually gained weight to play the part. When he's not being a lecher, he's most attractive.

Morwenna's sister plays him like a violin.

Esteemed Contributor

M's sister -- what is she up to? Interesting. Hey, would someone tell Poldark that he keeps passing up opportunities to lead the community? He's giving the power to George. Lovely man, but stubborn as the day is long!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Excellent actor, actually gained weight to play the part. When he's not being a lecher, he's most attractive.

Morwenna's sister plays him like a violin.

I do hope that she finishes him off!  

Super Contributor

Next week's show should be interesting.  It's the season finale. 

Respected Contributor

GEORGE is much more evil than the Vicar.  Don't get me wrong:  the vicar, a supposedly religious man, is pure evil.  But GEORGE-hates his step-son, can't touch his youngest son (maybe Ross's son?), hates the working class..ruined the love relationship of Morwenna and Drake...well..PURE EVIL!

Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

GEORGE is much more evil than the Vicar.  Don't get me wrong:  the vicar, a supposedly religious man, is pure evil.  But GEORGE-hates his step-son, can't touch his youngest son (maybe Ross's son?), hates the working class..ruined the love relationship of Morwenna and Drake...well..PURE EVIL!

Yes he is hell bent on achieving a place amongst the upper crust by whatever means he can.  That is at the foundation of all his doings.  Course he is being used even now.  He will never be one of them.  Even Elizabeth did not buy him that.  I do have sympathy for him with respect to Elizabeth, and Valentine.  Even before Agathy told him I think he new what was what.  But despite his shortcomings he strikes me as a supreme jerk who eventually will probably twist on his own petard.   But the Vicar repulses me and I do want to reach into the TV and slam dunk him!!!  George doesn't get that response from me.