Re: The Unusual Homicide Hunter Episode on Wed. Feb. 7 - Kenda's Family LIfe

kenda.gifPoliteDismalFrog-size_restricted.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

kenda.gifPoliteDismalFrog-size_restricted.gif

Whoops, guess I HAVE seen those teeth before.

Honored Contributor

I still have this episode in 'My Shows' (I'm always behind, since I record so many ID shows), and now I look forward to viewing it even more.  I always enjoy back-story type stuff anyway.   We've seen her before.  I don't think we've seen their kids before, but I could be wrong.  

I like the idea of telling his story from way back then, as I don't think I've seen any of that yet.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought the episode was great - very interesting to hear the stories from his wife's perspective and also family life comments from his son and daughter. I love watching Kenda on Wednesday's - even the re-runs. Great show!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

I still have this episode in 'My Shows' (I'm always behind, since I record so many ID shows), and now I look forward to viewing it even more.  I always enjoy back-story type stuff anyway.   We've seen her before.  I don't think we've seen their kids before, but I could be wrong.  

I like the idea of telling his story from way back then, as I don't think I've seen any of that yet.

@chickenbutt  I always liked the one I've seen many times now - his first case as a detective, where at the very end they show his I.D. cards as a very young man (he looks quite different - heavier and with the dark hair).  In that episode, the detectives he joins makes fun of him as being the only "college boy."  So we've seen a little of his story from way back then.   But in the episode this thread is about, it tells how he lives in PA (where he went to high school with Kathy), how he worked for his father at a trucking company and hated it, and how he became a police officer in Colorado Spring.  So it goes farther back than episodes I've seen before.

You are right; we've seen the real Kathy before, but like you, I don't think I've ever seen the kids before (sorry to say, but the daughter is quite homely; the son not so bad but maybe because he has a beard!)

Honored Contributor

Has anyone else watched this since I posted the thread (i.e. those who DVR'd it?)  Just curious what you thought.

Honored Contributor

This was repeated over the weekend; can't remember now if it was Saturday night or Friday night at 7:00 p.m. ET.   I saw the second half of it.  I really love thie episode.  Did anyone else see this repeat, who had missed it when it first aired?

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I said to my DH, "Joe smiled!" I realized I had never seen his teeth before-changed his whole face. I loved this episode. Maybe there'll be a spin-off, "Joe off Duty" or something, hahaha. Just kidding.Now back to the crimes!

@Judaline   Knowing what we know now about it being the last season, and they are doing another family episode this season, your joke above may not be so far-fetched at all!