Respected Contributor

Re: The Undoing - was last episode the end?

On last episode it does say season finale , this was one of top watched series for HBO , you can bet there will be second season , It could be that they will have a whole new cast and storyline, David E kelly likes to work with Nicole , so i bet he will find a way to put her in it. I loved the New York setting , so beautifully shot. Good thing they got it done before Covid.

Honored Contributor

Whoa! I just finished watching this and was going to start a new thread but saw many had already been started last year.

Nicole certainly is so good with the evil husbands!(Big Little LIes also).

I don't normally like Hugh Grant either but like someone else said, everything I've watched with him is pretty darn good!

This was such an intense heart beating series, down to the last scene. I thought all the actors were very good and a special applause for the young kid actors.

Could not stand the defense attorney-so despicable.

Gosh it was creepy and so was Elena!😬

True story-

We had some wonderful neighbors once- a young couple. They were the Presidents of our condo association. She was the sweetest person you could imagine, also very beautiful. The kind you would want for a sister, an aunt or best friend.

He was supposed to be a lawyer or something comprable (or comparable).

Anyway, turns out he never was what he said-not a lawyer, never went to the prestigious school he said he had, never was a star football player-everything was false.

We were all in shock. So imagine how his wife felt. I felt so bad for her. Like she could never trust her feelings about anyone or trust anyone again. It was truly a nightmare. Everything he had claimed about his life was a lie and not his life at all. They seemed like such the perfect loving happy couple. She was still the person we all had known, but broken.

I will never forget it-the ultimate true story of something that seemed like something written for a thriller like Undoing. I often think of her and hope she was able to find happiness and a new beginning and realize that people like her husband are master manipulators and can charm and convince anyone. I've known husbands of friends like this who no one would suspect what they are like behind closed doors. A lot of people show one side to many and another totally awful and violent side to their spouse or close family. But this where no one would know, is just the ultimate of being shockingly betrayed. Chilling. 

And in our neighbors case, just like the Undoing, she never knew because he never showed who he was underneath his act. So creepy and horrifying. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay  Was the husband living off of wify's $$$$?  Wify never "visited" and/or called hubby's "so called" law firm?

How did wify find out about her hubby?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay  Smiley LOL

I meant your "true story" about your neighbors.

I wAtched The Undoing when it originally aired,

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac Oh!!😄,

And here I was thinking you hadn't yet watched it all or not very closely

lol!

So, I do think he had a job but not the great one he said. It was business or finances or something, not a lawyer now that I remember and he always had to go to Georgia for "work" but it really was to see another woman, a young one.

I don't remember how she found out, just remembering the aftermath of her finding out. It may have been from the trips in Georgia somehow,or running out of money, I don't know.

I remember her coming up to our place, sitting down at our kitchen table and telling me. We were close and worked together on the condo association thing and she was close to our children. She cried but also was still in shock. I remember her saying she could never trust herself again or anyone's character, that nothing was real.Her feelings were what I remember most.

It was so long ago but my oldest daughter remembers them too and she was only in her last year of elementary school or just beginning middle school. I still can't imagine how it must have felt. Such a sad and shocking story.