Esteemed Contributor

The Undoing - was last episode the end?

I love this limited series! Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant are outstanding! I honestly don't know if the last episode was the last....the close (the episode of Hugh Grant on the bridge, etc). I assume it may have been, but does anybody know for sure? 

Respected Contributor

Re: The Undoing - was last episode the end?

@Goldengate8361 ...yes, that was the last episode.  There is a thread down below where all of us posted on it and had a wonderful time giving our opinions after each episode.  It was a fun thread and I really miss it.  

Honored Contributor

It was most certainly an unfinished ending to say the least. It left us wondering what will become of Grace and Henry. Maybe that was done on purpose and could be a reason for another season (or book).

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361= .... I just commented on the original thread, "The Undoing on HBO".... go read it if you get a chance. It was a wonderful thread and you will enjoy it, I am sure.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Guess, this explains the title .  We now know  who  did the undoing.  Still think it was really odd that  NIcole Kidman's  character walked around all hrs of  day/ night in NYC ...  and what  abt her  having flashed  of  the actual murder. 

Respected Contributor

I just watched this whole series today.  I really liked it until the very end.  The ending was blah and disappointing to me. I'm glad we at least found out who really did it.

Honored Contributor

we started watching last night,

pretty good 

can't figure out who might have done it.

Hugh Grant seems to have acquired all Nic's wrinkles, she needs to stop messing with her face so much 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

It was most certainly an unfinished ending to say the least. It left us wondering what will become of Grace and Henry. Maybe that was done on purpose and could be a reason for another season (or book).

@SilleeMee ...At the very end, when Grace and Henry were safe in the helicopter, the look on Grace's face was of pure relief and looking upward toward the future for her and Henry...finally free of all that she had gone through and was so blind to for so many years.

That's what I took away from the ending.

My biggest question is what was the meaning of all of those flashbacks that Grace had been having throughout the series?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove 

I think the title "The Undoing" meant exactly that. What she was/ did before being undone:

balance, straighten, mend, assist, encourage, support, repair, order, establish, build, revive, help, uphold, grow, restore, create, save, construct, fix, aid, allow. She was living in a bubble doing those things. The bubble and the little girl in the intro of the show showed the bubble.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MyShadowLove 

I think the title "The Undoing" meant exactly that. What she was/ did before being undone:

balance, straighten, mend, assist, encourage, support, repair, order, establish, build, revive, help, uphold, grow, restore, create, save, construct, fix, aid, allow. She was living in a bubble doing those things. The bubble in the intro of the show showed the bubble.

@SilleeMee...Aha, exactly...You helped me to understand the meaning of the prelude which I enjoyed as much as the series...Grace as a little girl with the bubble and the song "Dream A Little Dream Of Me".

Yes, Grace was living in a bubble...in a "dream-like" state...not wanting to see what actually was...I mentioned in the other thread, that I thought Grace went around in somewhat of a robotic state throughout the series...Now I see that was actually her "dream-like" state.

I think what finally awakened her from her "dream-like" state was when Jonathan tried to imply that Henry was involved in Elena's murder...This was the beginning of her finally becoming "undone" and she came to the realization of the truth about so many things and what she had to do to insure that Jonathan was found guilty.

It also answers for me why the detective was so difficult with Grace from the beginning...He sensed an uneasiness about her and that uneasiness was a symptom of her most inner feelings which she had not come to terms with yet, rather avoiding those feelings throughout.

Excellent series that kept you intrigued and involved. 
~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~