Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@Pearlee   Again, RELAX.

They walk among us....

@fitfuninformed. I'm quite relaxed. MYOB

Trusted Contributor

Ding, Ding, Ding    

Trusted Contributor

So, I'd like to know what happened to Grace's mother?  

Trusted Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

Good question. I think this may have something to do with the lead detective's "attitude".

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Undoing On HBO

[ Edited ]

@candyagain wrote:

@DottieBlue wrote:

Good question. I think this may have something to do with the lead detective's "attitude".

So do I.  Maybe something similar happened to Mrs. Franklin.  I also think Grace is blocking something out of her memory, perhaps something to do with her mother.

Trusted Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

@DottieBlue wrote:

So do I.  Maybe something similar happened to Mrs. Franklin.  I also think Grace is blocking something out of her memory, perhaps something to do with her mother.

Juvenile records are sealed, but not from the police?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@candyagain 

Are you thinking that maybe Grace did something to her mother when she was a child?

I am wondering if Grace's father did something and Grace knew about it, and that is what she is blocking out.

I don't know whether the police have access to sealed juvenile records, but I think they do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe Grace is sociopathic. Her father seems to be too. Who know? Maybe one of us did it. Lol

Trusted Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@candyagain 

Are you thinking that maybe Grace did something to her mother when she was a child?

I am wondering if Grace's father did something and Grace knew about it, and that is what she is blocking out.

I don't know whether the police have access to sealed juvenile records, but I think they do.

Pretty sure the police can unseal juvenile records, but not sure what Grace did or what she saw saw.

Yes, it's possible that the father killed the mother....father claiming self defense that she found out about his affair and attacked him. So, it may be that the case was dismissed, very quietly because of the father's wealth, Grace is listed as a witness but not able to testify as she went into a fugue state and that's what the detective knows. He's wanting to see if she suspects the father in Elena's murder?

Whatever the solution, this thread has enough plots for several books!

Honored Contributor

Assuming Jonathan is truthful about that night, I believe he is, then the killer was likely at that event and saw Elana leave and Jonathan soon after. Perhaps Jonathan is not responsible for Miguel's  acceptance at the school but the administrator instead. Why would J want E's son at his son's school?

I also believe that E was obsessed with J and his family. 

Sylvia  knew E from representing J but gave no indication that she did. She was at the event too, may have had a relationship with E and saw her leave and J soon after. She could have been jealous  of E's interest in either J or Grace, went to the studio  and been the killer. E appeared quite surprised that the person who hit her would do so.

I can't find a motive for Jonathan to kill Elana but if E was using the school administrator, he would. If she had a relationship with Sylvia,Sylvia would and also have access to Grace's  home and Henry's violin case.