Regular Contributor

@chessylady 

Too much Botox is an understatement.  In some scenes she looked like a marionette.  Her face is motionless.  I think she’s a very good actress so I have to contribute her performance to the director.

Honored Contributor

@chloe4578 wrote:

@chessylady 

Too much Botox is an understatement.  In some scenes she looked like a marionette.  Her face is motionless.  I think she’s a very good actress so I have to contribute her performance to the director.

@chloe4578 I was looking at Nicole on Sunday night, she has to be 50ish, I thought she is aging very well or has great doctors. I don't blame her if she has had work done, Hollywood can be unkind to aging actresses. You know what, if I had the money, I would do Botox and have work done on my face too.

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Undoing On HBO

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee "Sleuthing" is precisely as defined - deduction.  PLEASE be assured no one here would be 'spoiling all your hard work'.  No need to get your panties all in a twist.  Relax there cupcake.

Honored Contributor

Jonathan’s mother had a very flat affect like there was something off about her too. Definitely sounds like three generations are affecting by some kind of personality disorder. 

The show always leaves me with more questions than answers which has kept me interested trying to put the pieces together and this is the kind of show I gravitate toward so I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I find Elena quite captivating and sensuous and can see how men would be intrigued by her. 

I still don’t understand the part at the table where Jonathan acts like he didn’t know Henry saw him because he did, in fact, he waved when he saw him across the street. I don’t see how this is all going to culminate in an hour and I hope it doesn’t drop everything like a hot potato that we’ve had questions about. I need some resolution. 

I’m surprised at the general disregard for children in the series. Letting them listen in on sensitive telephone calls, watching news stories, the courtroom scenes and just leaving them at home by themselves while they go walking around at night like Grace and Fernando did. Maybe those are Grace’s “fugue” moments otherwise I don’t know how she’d justify walking around alone at night by herself and leaving her son, both which could be dangerous. I guess it’s good she’s got a camera crew filming her or she’d probably be mugged by now. 

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

I'm late to this series (we watched first 4 episodes during one lazy day) and it's every bit as intriguing and well acted as ya'll say!!

Also appreciate your insights into the actual murderer.

I am probably wayyyyy off base, but after EP. 2 or 3,, said to DH, "It's one of the kids". Since they're throwing Henry under the bus, I keep wondering about Miguel.

He had easy access to the art studio/apartment.  Who know what he might have previously seen his mother do with men or women there...he may have been the one who murdered her (perhaps after seeing Jonathan or WHOEVER there) for his father and disrupting their family life.  Taken the hammer & given it to Henry, as they were known to be "civil" if not friendly.

Ah, it's just another thought.

@denisemb @This is possible, but due to Miguel's small stature, he's ten, he would probably have had to enter and attack his mother while she was lying down and asleep. Miguel did get to her studio in the morning early morning and she could have been sleeping or reclining after her encounter with Jonathan. This would give Miguel access to her face as well. Then we'd have to figure out how Elena wound up on the floor. Did she rise up during the attack and then fall? 

Regular Contributor

I'm really enjoying this series and reading everyone's thoughts!
Excellent show.

Honored Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

@bushis wrote:

Well, well, well, has anyone thought that Detective Joe Mendoza is the killer? He seems  very upset when he talkes about the case when he was on the stand. Even Grace noticed in past episodes that he seems more then concerened then doing his work  He probable was having an affair with Elena too. Elena was a very inticing woman. Probably had more then one affair.

I also did n not like that the 2 young boys were in court.

I still think that Dr. Stuart from the 1st or 2nd episode knows more.

A stong person has to be the killer as per the description of the murder.Also a person in rage!

Someone in an extreme emotional state can be super-strong. So still could be anyone, IMO.

Never thought of the detective as the killer......could be, he's definitely covering up something, I think.

@candyagain @It will be such a let down if he's the killer. Such an easy way for the writers to get a conclusion. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Undoing On HBO

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

I'm late to this series (we watched first 4 episodes during one lazy day) and it's every bit as intriguing and well acted as ya'll say!!

Also appreciate your insights into the actual murderer.

I am probably wayyyyy off base, but after EP. 2 or 3,, said to DH, "It's one of the kids". Since they're throwing Henry under the bus, I keep wondering about Miguel.

He had easy access to the art studio/apartment.  Who know what he might have previously seen his mother do with men or women there...he may have been the one who murdered her (perhaps after seeing Jonathan or WHOEVER there) for his father and disrupting their family life.  Taken the hammer & given it to Henry, as they were known to be "civil" if not friendly.

Ah, it's just another thought.

@denisemb @This is possible, but due to Miguel's small stature, he's ten, he ✅would probably have had to enter and attack his mother while she was lying down and asleep. Miguel did get to her studio in the morning early morning and she could have been sleeping or reclining after her encounter with Jonathan. This would give Miguel access to her face as well. Then we'd have to figure out how Elena wound up on the floor. Did she rise up during the attack and then fall on her back after the attack?

It's also possible that Henry went to the studio and saw dad with her and leaving the studio and then he went in and killed Elena. 

@.  I just thought of something. ✅Could Miguel have gotten to the studio and heard or saw Elena WITH JONATHAN. This could evoke some rage even in a child. Could Miguel have seen Jonathan leaving and then found his mother sleeping and attacked her? This is possible. ✅Other possibility is Miguel saw Jonathan leaving and Miguel runs home to tell dad and then Fernando went to the studio and attacked Elena. @denisemb

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@Pearlee "Sleuthing" is precisely as defined - deduction.  PLEASE be assured no one here would be 'spoiling all your hard work'.  No need to get your panties all in a twist.  Relax there cupcake.

@fitfuninformed  Your post is offensive. I am not "cupcake" nor is my underwear in a twist. Please be more respectful of others.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Jonathan’s mother had a very flat affect like there was something off about her too. Definitely sounds like three generations are affecting by some kind of personality disorder. 

The show always leaves me with more questions than answers which has kept me interested trying to put the pieces together and this is the kind of show I gravitate toward so I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I find Elena quite captivating and sensuous and can see how men would be intrigued by her. 

I still don’t understand the part at the table where Jonathan acts like he didn’t know Henry saw him because he did, in fact, he waved when he saw him across the street. I don’t see how this is all going to culminate in an hour and I hope it doesn’t drop everything like a hot potato that we’ve had questions about. I need some resolution. 

I’m surprised at the general disregard for children in the series. Letting them listen in on sensitive telephone calls, watching news stories, the courtroom scenes and just leaving them at home by themselves while they go walking around at night like Grace and Fernando did. Maybe those are Grace’s “fugue” moments otherwise I don’t know how she’d justify walking around alone at night by herself and leaving her son, both which could be dangerous. I guess it’s good she’s got a camera crew filming her or she’d probably be mugged by now. 

@GenXmuse Jonathan acts like he didn't see Henry because Jonathan always lies.He doesn't take responsibility for his actions either, even when confronted with the truth. He could be pretending he didn't see Henry. He might pretend he waved at someone else. 

I'm not surprised by Henry being present at the trial. He's 13, and Haley needs the family there showing support for Jonathan, but Miguel is only 10, and it's his mother's crime scene photos that were certain to be shown to the jury. 

We still don't know why, if there is a why, Grace passed out. There's has to be something to this unless it was just the writers way of showing what a phony Jonathan is. I'm referring to hospital scene where Jonathan feigns concern for Grace's health and plays doctor to her.