Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Jordan2 

Your point is well taken but you’re not an actress whose livelihood depends on a face that shows emotion, talent and a projection of the character they portray..  Many actors and actresses have expressed that and won’t take Botox again for that reason.  

Honored Contributor

I noticed throughout this show, there are a lot of closeups of Nicole's face more so than the other actors.

Her face is flawless.  No bumps, lines or anything!  Doesn't even look like she's wearing makeup except for pink lipstick & cat tails at the corner of her eyes.

And that flawless hair!  Come to find out, it's her real hair & color.  Smiley Surprised  Nicole explained that she always wears a wig when filming. She perfers straight & blond in her private life.   This time she decided to go all natural.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: The Undoing On HBO

[ Edited ]

Honestly, I'd rather watch a actor that has aged naturally that's able to express a range of emotions than one who can't express complex emotion because she's trying to look 20 years younger.  

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

9708A144-BC77-48C7-B93D-80448BF7838D.jpegAs I mentioned before, the artwork in the series has a role. When Grace and her dad are seated in the art gallery there's a large painting on the wall. It's called

"The Forge" by Goya. It's highly relevant to the story.

See the HAMMER. 

@Mindy D .....you continue to AMAZE ME!!!  You can pick out things I didn't even think of.  I think DAVID KELLEY needs to hire you to be one of his writer's on his next series, ....I'm just saying!!!  Now I have to go back and watch that scene.  WOW, JUST WOW!!!

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I just read where the actress who plays Sylvia is the late Jill Clayburgh's daughter! I always enjoyed Jill Clayburgh as an actress, sad she passed so young.

@CANDLEQUEEN ....she does look like her mother.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I don't think the detective had anything to do with it.

@Pearlee ...I agree.  I don't think he did either.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

I'm late to this series (we watched first 4 episodes during one lazy day) and it's every bit as intriguing and well acted as ya'll say!!

Also appreciate your insights into the actual murderer.

I am probably wayyyyy off base, but after EP. 2 or 3,, said to DH, "It's one of the kids". Since they're throwing Henry under the bus, I keep wondering about Miguel.

He had easy access to the art studio/apartment.  Who know what he might have previously seen his mother do with men or women there...he may have been the one who murdered her (perhaps after seeing Jonathan or WHOEVER there) for his father and disrupting their family life.  Taken the hammer & given it to Henry, as they were known to be "civil" if not friendly.

Ah, it's just another thought.

@denisemb @This is possible, but due to Miguel's small stature, he's ten, he would probably have had to enter and attack his mother while she was lying down and asleep. Miguel did get to her studio in the morning early morning and she could have been sleeping or reclining after her encounter with Jonathan. This would give Miguel access to her face as well. Then we'd have to figure out how Elena wound up on the floor. Did she rise up during the attack and then fall? 

Not to push the point of Miguel being the murderer (it was just a thought that popped up) she could also have been up and working when Miguel arrived the 1st time that day and bent over to kiss or embrace him.

Giving him the opportunity to whack her in the head with rage and finishing the job once she was unconscious.  Yeah, I realize he's small, but those sculpting hammers look pretty lethal.

As mentioned, I'm not wedded to the Miguel scenerio, but I keep looking for someone less obvious than many of the others.  And goodness knows, it appears Henry and Miguel had been ignored/neglected at times, all hours of the day/night.

Also remember Miguel was betrayed not only by Elena, but there had to be strong feelings of betrayal by his "savior" oncologist, Jonathan.  If Jonathan was as caring and involved with his patients (as Grace has attested to) that had to have messed with the little guy's mind.

We'll find out soon!!

Soooo glad I read all your opinions and got started with this series!

Denise
Respected Contributor

Also fascinating to hear how the artwork ties in - my little pea brain didn't catch any of that.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I noticed throughout this show, there are a lot of closeups of Nicole's face more so than the other actors.

Her face is flawless.  No bumps, lines or anything!  Doesn't even look like she's wearing makeup except for pink lipstick & cat tails at the corner of her eyes.

And that flawless hair!  Come to find out, it's her real hair & color.  Smiley Surprised  Nicole explained that she always wears a wig when filming. She perfers straight & blond in her private life.   This time she decided to go all natural.

@Mz iMac I love Nicole's hair Red! I think the Blonde washes her out, she is very very fair......I always remember when being explained shades on QVC, vendors always like to say Pick the Fair Shade if you have Nicole Kidman's fair skin. I do think Nicole has gorgeous skin and she probably has done a very good job of staying out of the sun and taking care of her skin, but I really hope she stops with the botox and lip injections......She doesn't need to!. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee   Again, RELAX.

They walk among us....