Honored Contributor

I have been a viewer of this show each weekday morning for years... but now with the change in hosts... I have not been watching.  I do not enjoy Al Roker who has always been a weather man  primarily and now is acting  as a primary host  as well as a weather man.  He is a nice person and all, I just do not care for him being the main host for the two or three hours of the show.  They could do so much better.

The reason could only be that   It must be a lot cheaper for them to give Al more  duties and do the weather too..... then hire  another new  host on contract.... I think it is just a huge mistake to do this.   

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch The Today Show.....but as a weatherman 30 years ago = he wasn't anything special.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like Al Roker either, never have.  I also do not particularly care for Hoda.  I do like Savannah Gutrie and the gentleman of color (don't know his name) that has been on with her lately.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Re: The Today Show

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden: I agree with you. I don't think he brings that much to the table. Also, I wonder: what's up with four or five hosts on these morning shows (Today Show and GMA)? Is it really necessary to have an entourage chime in on every segment?

Valued Contributor

Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kota are the main hosts with Craig Melvin filling in while Hoda is on leave. Al doesn’t usually have as big a role. I enjoy him as well as Carson Daly and Willie Geist. The Today show is my favorite morning show. I just wish they would cut back on the number of commercials.

Trusted Contributor

I really like both Craig and Willie.  I was hoping one of them would have been Matt's replacement.  I guess with the reason for Matt's being gone, they opted for a woman to try to smooth things over.  I can only take so much of Hoda.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually like Hoda. I also like Al Roker but as a weatherman.I don’t think he’s host material. I was never a huge fan of Matt’s but felt he did a pretty good job as a host.

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

I wonder: what's up with four or five hosts on these morning shows? Is it really necessary to have an entourage chime in on every segment?

LOL  I don't get that either.  I rarely watch Today, but have seen segments where all four or five of them sit in a row talking to a guest or discussing some topic.  It's strange, as if one of them alone isn't able to carry the segment.  So producers pile them on top of each other, hoping against hope that one of them will shine.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kota are the main hosts with Craig Melvin filling in while Hoda is on leave. Al doesn’t usually have as big a role. I enjoy him as well as Carson Daly and Willie Geist. The Today show is my favorite morning show. I just wish they would cut back on the number of commercials.

@Jasmine19 omg I know -- commercials, local news, local weather, and then more commmercials.  It takes forever to get back to the show.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I used to LOVE the Today show and the weekend Today show.  Stopped watching the weekend show when Lester left to do the news.  I do like him on the news.

I stopped watching the regular Today show years ago.  IMO they jumped the shark when Matt Lauer interview Kim Kardashian.  They stopped being a news show at that moment and I stopped watching.