Respected Contributor

I stopped watching the today show every morning as I got ready for work, when the news really got more serious. Cooking segments,fashion shows,make up sessions, celebrities seem to be taking over.  

And now I watch MSNBC in the morning.  

Good mix of Republicans and Democrats, fairly balanced news.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I used to LOVE the Today show and the weekend Today show.  Stopped watching the weekend show when Lester left to do the news.  I do like him on the news.

I stopped watching the regular Today show years ago.  IMO they jumped the shark when Matt Lauer interview Kim Kardashian.  They stopped being a news show at that moment and I stopped watching.

@Travone I agree!  It used to be very much about news, about authors talking up their new books, medical news . . . all sorts of things.

Then it became celebrity and movie focused and I lost interest, although I still watched some.  I thought at that juncture, Matt became less comfortable with the format and sometimes seemed irritated at the inane content of the show.

Al is ok. I like him, but I thought Matt was very good at his job (I have no thought or comment on his behavior off camera), but he is intelligent, well read, and able to conduct a great interview.  Once he told Mark Bittman that something he made tasted terrible and it was one of tv's great moments.  So I miss him very much.

So many tv shows now feature people talking loudly at the same time and I simply cannot stand that.  So I don't watch.  Those all women shows are the worst.

I wish someone would come up with a talk show when fewer people, a host who is polite, well-read and can carry on a conversation in a sensible manner.  It would feature science break throughs, medical news, literature, looks at historical sites and discussion of what happened there and the sense of time and place, some fun things, and some GOOD music.

And although some like it, I can't stand that Sunday Morning show on CBS either.  It has a tone about it I don't like--especially with Jane Pauley.  I was SO glad when she left the Today Show.  You know how it is with SOME people!  Woman Frustrated  She is one of the very few I can't listen to!  

Esteemed Contributor

At 6am, I turn on Morning Joe. I watch it until some politician makes me nuts. Then I change channels. I get some odd-ball networks that show old series. I have watched, and taped, dozens of Colombo episodes.

Trusted Contributor

Totally agree. I used to look forward to watching every day till 10:00am. Skipped Hoda & Kathie Lee. Now I switch at 9am.

I like Shienelle and Dylan, but Al is just full of himself. He must have gotten a hefty raise and thinks he's worth it. 

The topics are not interesting and as another said, the talking over each other is a turnoff. Bet the ratings will show the 9 am is losing watchers and although Jenna is nice, she isn't holding up the show at 10 either.

I look for more changes in September.

Esteemed Contributor

I have watched the Today Show since it began around 1952 with Dave Garroway.  Except for the years that I was overseas ( since it was with Armed Forces we saw Today but it was delayed.  I usually watch the first three hours ( except when Megan was on, then I switched after hour two.  I think hour three is a big improvement as they do it now (and there still is a big budget (Megan) deficit).  Currently, I like Savannaugh, Willy and Shenelle.

Frequent Contributor

The only morning news show that I watch these days

is Fox & Friends.  I find it to be very informative and interesting,

not to mention, entertaining.  It is a good show every day of the 

week and the week-end.

Respected Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

At 6am, I turn on Morning Joe. I watch it until some politician makes me nuts. Then I change channels. I get some odd-ball networks that show old series. I have watched, and taped, dozens of Colombo episodes.

I start my day with Morning Joe also on MSNBC at 6 AM.

Honored Contributor

There's way too much emphasis on show business on both morning shows.  I'm really not interested in the latest singer of dubious talent.  Mostly, I thing the morning shows are vehicles for commercials.  They go on and on and on....

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

3/4's of the time, they just regurgitate stuff from social media. not interesting, to me. i watch local fox channel then turn it off.

Respected Contributor

I gave up on the Today Show when Ann Curry was fired.