Honored Contributor

This a six episode series on HBO that premieres Monday night at 9:00 and stars Jude Law. "A British Island with a violent past is the mystery-shrouded setting for this psychological thriller told in three parts: Summer, Fall and Winter. The first begins when grieving father Sam's (Law) random act of kindness takes him to Osea, where he's stranded for three nights with the creepy locals".

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Jordan2 ...Thanks!...I saw this previewed and have it all set to record....It sounds interesting...I'm looking forward to some good series to curl up to during the Fall/Winter months.

Also, I just wanted to mention that I saw a preview of another HBO series and, from what I read, it sounds really good..."The Undoing" which is set to premiere October 25th...stellar cast...Nicole Kidman...Hugh Grant and Donald Sutherland

I'm a little shy about starting threads so I hope you don't mind my mentioning it here...You are great about alerting us to new shows/series so I thought you could post about this one also in the near future. Woman Very Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Hi @Jordan2 ...Thanks!...I saw this previewed and have it all set to record....It sounds interesting...I'm looking forward to some good series to curl up to during the Fall/Winter months.

Also, I just wanted to mention that I saw a preview of another HBO series and, from what I read, it sounds really good..."The Undoing" which is set to premiere October 25th...stellar cast...Nicole Kidman...Hugh Grant and Donald Sutherland

I'm a little shy about starting threads so I hope you don't mind my mentioning it here...You are great about alerting us to new shows/series so I thought you could post about this one also in the near future. Woman Very Happy

Actually I don't know how to start a thread .. some days I think that's a good

thing .....

Honored Contributor

I watched the show and really liked it. I don't know what exactly is going on with the small town they seem to be keeping secrets. Something eerie and creepy is going on, I'll be back to see what it is.

Honored Contributor

So no one watched?

Esteemed Contributor

No HBO

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I watched last night and it reminded me a lot of the movie "The Wicker Man" (loved both versions). So far so good. I hardly recognized Jude Law in this.

Honored Contributor

I think I know the answer to my question, is anyone watching? I'm still watching, I don't know what's going on at Osea (?) but I want to find out.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Third Day

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2  I haven't watched this week 9/28 yet. But as I was trying to figure out what the series was actually about last week, I made a guess that he's imagining all this because he really had something to do with his child's death. Maybe his conscience is playing with his mind.

Idk; it's just a guess. My interest in the series has been there, but not strong.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 , just popped to say thanks for posting about tv shows and series.  I haven't watched this yet but it is on the list.

I always read your posts and usually end up enjoying the shows you write about.  LM