Honored Contributor

Re: 😇 The Ten Commandments - 4/4/2020😇

I tried to hang with the Ten Commandments last night, I really did.  I think I need to buy the movie on DVD or something because ABC's commercials drag this movie out longer than it needs to be.  I made it to the part of the film where the fog starts rolling in and the screaming starts and said, that's it I need to go to bed.

This was the first time Anne Baxter got on my nerves with her dramatic communication style.  For some reason Nefertari acting like a cat in heat over Moses aggravated me Woman Very Happy 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I had an odd thought as I was watching that Coronavirus is like plague from G-d, for perhaps a reason, that is not yet revealed... ?

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac Pretty racy....always watch at Easter time.  Perfect cast.  Hollywood technicolor at its apex.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell Hubba, hubba

Honored Contributor

watched it! It was so good! Wish it wouldn't have so many commercials!

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle

You're right. The movie has nothing to do with Easter. And the fact that the Last Supper was a seder doesn't make it an Easter movie. After all, Jesus was a Jew.

The Ten Commandments is Old Testament, the story of Passover, and about the Israelites being led out of slavery. Easter is New Testament, about Jesus and the Resurrection. For the latter, you might find something on the History Channel, but Easter movies have disappeared from the Big Three Easter lineups.

That said, The Ten Commandments (aka "Moses, Moses..." lol) is a great epic movie, and I look forward to watching it on TV annually, even though we have the DVD. Even Edward G. Robinson's surly character is fun to watch--not to mention Nefretiri offing Memnet after the old bird's "croakings of doom."

The Ten Commandments always pulls in good ratings, and never seems to lose its appeal.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@Moonlady   I own the DVD also and don't watch until this time of the year.  It's a very campy movie as I think there is a lot of over-acting.  But I wonder what happened to Jesus of Nazareth.  I own those DVD's too.  It's about a 6 hour movie series.  No matter what, I love the history of all this.  There are lots of programs on the History channel about the biblical days.  I enjoy learning about those times.  

Honored Contributor

The movie appropriate for both Easter and Passover. It's nice that they show it at the time when both religions are celebrating their respective holidays.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
What's he doing in Egypt? I thought he was the King of Siam! 😄

Wrong movie , dear, your thinking of The King and I

Honored Contributor

@SharkE Do you not see emoticons?
I have asked you not to address me as dear as it is condescending. I am not your dear. If you continue to do that, as you have twice already, I will take this up with the Moderators. Please address me only by my screen name of Pearley and nothing else. Faux terms of endearment are belittling and condescending.