Honored Contributor

Somewhere we've talked about this show before.  For those of you who haven't watched it, it's a bunch of women sitting around before an audience (almost full of females).  They usually have a guest talker.  Julie Chinn from Big Brother is the 'boss' (I'm sure her husband (head of CBS, Less Moonves (sp) probably gave it to her).

Anyway, we've talked about how much some of us hate the way every little thing that is said, EVERYTHING that's said the audience screams and whoops and hollars and claps.

Someone here said they thought it was probably a recording because it was so loud every time.  It is unbelievable the way they clap at everything!

Finally, my reason for posting.  Several times during today's show they have shown the audience, panned the audience maybe a little more than usual.

Several times I heard whoops, whistles and screams and they panned the audience and not one person was making these sounds.  They were clapping, that's it, just clapping!

So, to the person here (sorry, I can't go back and find the original posts, (I hate this new format) I salute you because you were exactly right.  

It comes on after my B&B show so I end up watching bits and parts of it.  I can't stand the show or Julie Chinn.  However mostly I dislike Sharon Osborne. 

Esteemed Contributor
Julie Chen clearly has connections to the powers that be. She was a good journalist before she set her sights on the CBS pres and now she is untouchable. I think she's an intelligent journalist who has basically sold out to the lowest common denominator. The Talk is as mindless as The View. Both are useless drivel.
Honored Contributor

I haven't watched the show lately but, for me, it was two things -

One thing was, as you mentioned, the studio audience.  I really ABHOR studio audiences.  They drive me crazy.  I mean, even if somebody says a name or word they all start screaming and applauding - hey, that's not even going on and that person isn't even there.  shuddup! 

For me, it's probably partly my tinnitis.   I have extremely loud and constant ringing in the ears, so I can only listen to two things at a time - 1) the ringing in my ears (because I have no choice); and 2) ONE other thing.  So when people are trying to talk and all that whooping and hollering is going on I feel like my head is going to explode.

The other thing, for me, was the lady who took Leah Remini's seat (on the left end opposite of Julie).  She is just too much for me - too screamy, too mememememe, look at ME!     I just found listening to her a very unpleasant experience.  And they thought Leah Remini was obnoxious?  Yeah, right.

Honored Contributor
Yeah, I hear you, chickenbutt ....that comedienne does take things to a high level of silliness. I still don't like that I heard Osbournr and Chen pushed the two former hosts out without any warning. They found out they were fired through the media. "Smiling faces, sometimes, they don't tell the truth", so the song goes.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Everything I've heard, since that went down, would indicate that Holly and Leah got a really raw deal!  I also read that it was Julie and Sharon in exactly that way. 

I'm not a fan of Julie.  I had not ever even heard of her before this show started, but then I started reading around and - well, yikes - talk about the song 'Smiling Faces' (which is stuck in my head now - thanks!).   Smiley Wink

The lady who replaced Holly's seat, Aisha Tyler, is somebody I've always liked.  She is very smart, talented, and funny.  I remember when she did her stint on 'Talk Soup' and she's been in numerous sitcoms, such as Friends, in limited reoles.   

But Aisha seems to REALLY sukk up to Julie.  Now, I need to give the benefit of the doubt and hope that the vibe I get is just wrong and that maybe the two of them just hit it off and became friends.  It just 'seems' like she really sukks up to her and that is disheartening to me, as I've always been a fan.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:  I can't stand the show or Julie Chinn.  However mostly I dislike Sharon Osborne. 

They are the type you meet in life who work at getting your confidences and than go in for the kill....  very tremendous creatures

Honored Contributor
Chickenbutt, Aisha is smart enough to know that to suck up means she keeps her job, lol. Except for Osbourne, they all do. Even the quiet one who created the show. I can't remember names and I seldom watch the show.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

WOW .......   the snide comments about Julie Chen are a bit surprising!     Yes, she is pretty .... and very talented, but Les Moonves took a liking to her and HE asked her to marry him.    People in the entertainment business marry each other all the time, in case you didn't know!

Another thing that seems to be being overlooked ......   when you put 5 women together, it's a very tricky proposition.     Not only must the on screen chemistry be very good, but the chemistry off screen has to be good, as well.    And people can be quite difficult to work with!

IMO, The only person that seems a bad fit is Cheryl Underwood .....  I find her tacky and painful to watch, and she's not even  funny.

Contributor

I like The Talk a lot more than The View.The flow of the show is a lot better.

I did like Leah and didn't watch The Talk for awhile because of how she was treated. Eventually I caved and watched it again because there isn't anything else on at that time except Dr.Phil.

I never noticed all the audience noise until I read about it on here and now I find it annoying. lol

Super Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

WOW .......   the snide comments about Julie Chen are a bit surprising!     Yes, she is pretty .... and very talented, but Les Moonves took a liking to her and HE asked her to marry him.    People in the entertainment business marry each other all the time, in case you didn't know!

Another thing that seems to be being overlooked ......   when you put 5 women together, it's a very tricky proposition.     Not only must the on screen chemistry be very good, but the chemistry off screen has to be good, as well.    And people can be quite difficult to work with!

IMO, The only person that seems a bad fit is Cheryl Underwood .....  I find her tacky and painful to watch, and she's not even  funny.

I agree with all of this.  I really enjoy the show but not Sheryl Underwood.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)