Respected Contributor

I like Sheryl Underwood because she seems to be the one who makes most sense when serious situations are talked about.  A few weeks ago they were discussing the police officer who shot the unarmed man.  She was very quick to add that the majority of officers are good men and we shouldn't judge all of them by a few bad apples.    She also said the same about teachers.  

As much as I like her, there are also other times that I feel she gets too silly and I find it distracting when I am trying to hear what the others have to say.  

My favorite is Sarah Gilbert.   She is very quiet but when she speaks it always seems to be uplifting and very kind. 

Honored Contributor

J Town girl, I totally agree with your post.  Sheryl does get silly sometimes.  I don't like the way it's so obvious the way they set up her jokes.  She is funny though.  Sometimes she's the voice of reason.

I think Alise Tyler sometimes makes sense too.  I NEVER like Mrs. O as they call her.

I think Melissa Gilbert is delightful and makes sense.  Unlike Mrs. O they all (except Julie, I think she worries about how she looks) come off as having some sense.

It was blatant the way there were so many whoops and whistles and no one was doing that.  Maybe they didn't realize how stupid it looked.

Valued Contributor

I completely lost all respect for Julie Chen when she blatantly liked about NOT having any plastic surgery when if you see photos of her from years ago, she CLEARLY has had a nose job.  I'm not against PS (I've had an "enhancement" myself if you know what I mean)--I just don't like when people lie about it.  Also, I abhor "Mrs. O"--I think her latest stunt of not appearing on the show was a blatant tactic to try to get her also obnoxious daughter on the show.

Respected Contributor
This show was SO much better the first season with Leah Remini and Holly Peete. Then of course they had to screw it up. I like Sheryl but the same Schlick of making her silly jokes about the topics is getting tired. Leah was a riot and I really thought Holly added a lot as well. Sick of Julie, Sharon, and Aisha.
Honored Contributor

@KimThib wrote:

I completely lost all respect for Julie Chen when she blatantly liked about NOT having any plastic surgery when if you see photos of her from years ago, she CLEARLY has had a nose job.  I'm not against PS (I've had an "enhancement" myself if you know what I mean)--I just don't like when people lie about it.  Also, I abhor "Mrs. O"--I think her latest stunt of not appearing on the show was a blatant tactic to try to get her also obnoxious daughter on the show.

Ohhh.  I know her daughter was on as a guest host but I didn't know that she was auditioning for  host job.  There's no spot for her unless she just was a permanent fill in host.  Now I just know Osbourne didn't want her daughter to replace an existing host!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Reba055 wrote:
This show was SO much better the first season with Leah Remini and Holly Peete. Then of course they had to screw it up. I like Sheryl but the same Schlick of making her silly jokes about the topics is getting tired. Leah was a riot and I really thought Holly added a lot as well. Sick of Julie, Sharon, and Aisha.

I always liked both Leah and Holly so it was very disappointing when they were treated the way they were.  I watched that whole first season but then deleted it for the second.  A little down the road I tried to watch again and between the studio audience and the lady who took Leah's seat I just could not stomach the whole thing.

Holly will always have work, if she wants it.  So that is comforting.

Leah is out there working, too. She's been in one of TBS' sitcoms and had at least one short-lived one of her own.   

I really like her reality show with her husband, daughter, mother, step-father, and sister.  It's fun and it's just Leah being Leah.  Her family is very entertaining and funny.  Smiley Happy   That one is coming back for another season, so I'm really glad for that.

Honored Contributor

Chickenbutt, I agree with you about the first season.  I like outspoken people.  I think people can be outspoken without hurting people or being rude.  I think the show was that way the first season.  I've never seen Leah be mean and rude, outspoken, yes, but not mean.  maybe that's why I like her.

I heart whistling and whooping today and they panned the audience and saw none of that.  That show is so fake.

Respected Contributor
When we attended a taping of "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire" in '05, the warm-up person told the audience the person who applauded the loudest would receive a little prize. Maybe that's the deal with the audiences at "The Talk"? I, too, preferred the first season. I still watch the show, but the topics are usually kinda silly.