Super Contributor

Re: The Talk... now with Marie Osmond

I miss Julie Moonves Chen!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I did not watch the Talk in the beginning.  I started watching it a few years before Aisha left.  I really like Sara Gilbert because she has a dry wit and intelligent and compassionate comments.  I hated to see her leave. 

I like Carrie and Eve (did not think I would like Eve).  This is the only talk show I watch and did not want to see Marie on there and said I would probably quit watching when she started.  However, I have watched it since the new season began and I don't think Sharon and Marie will mesh.  How do you like the new season?  

@chiclet wrote:

I did not watch the Talk in the beginning.  I started watching it a few years before Aisha left.  I really like Sara Gilbert because she has a dry wit and intelligent and compassionate comments.  I hated to see her leave. 

I like Carrie and Eve (did not think I would like Eve).  This is the only talk show I watch and did not want to see Marie on there and said I would probably quit watching when she started.  However, I have watched it since the new season began and I don't think Sharon and Marie will mesh.  How do you like the new season?  

I'm not a big fan of talk shows - they all talk over each other. No thanks! I agree, I don't see Sharon and Marie meshing well. 

Respected Contributor

I've been watching a few times a week since the beginning.  I didn't realize Marie has had so many rough times in her life, including that car accident involving her mother.  Marie was only 16. 

I do miss Aisha, Julie, and Sara. 

Super Contributor

I’m not a big Marie fan. I’d have preferred they went with Carnie Wilson. She has gotten past over sooo many times. I do miss Sara and Aisha. I feel like Marie is almost trying to hard this first week. She shared numerous tearful personal stories. Carrie Ann is stepping up big time and is much better than I expected. 

Trusted Contributor

I am not a fan but a person who checks the show out from time to time.  I really liked Aisha.... I havent seen her on any program that I didnt like her .... 

As for Marie.... she was doing Dancing with the Stars when she was losing her famous 50# that she talks about in the Nutrisystem commercials and she fainted at least once.  I give her kudos for keeping the weight off.  

I liked Sara.  I dont care at all for the crudeness of Sheryl.

Honored Contributor

I did not know The Talk was still on air....   

Honored Contributor

I have been watching Kelly Clarkson's show. I am not a fan of Marie or Sharon. I do like Carnie Wilson, I find her relatable. She fills in quite a bit, I never understood why she wasn't named a permanent host. Has she not been offered the job, or maybe she doesn't want to work everyday because she has kids?

Valued Contributor

I saw Sheeri Sheperd on and she was great  I wish they would grab her

Esteemed Contributor

I've never watched The Talk. I can only tolerate one of that kind of show a day, and even the one I do watch can only be taken in small increments. I love Sara Gilbert, but I guess she's quite busy these days with the other show and her family.  I think she still produces The Talk, though. Most of the other names mentioned, I either don't know or have seen very little of them. What I don't understand is the vitriol aimed at Marie Osmond. What on earth has that woman done to warrant such dislike? She's talented, family oriented, charity oriented. Her doll proceeds went to the Children's Miracle Network. I just don't get it. She and her family get so much flack.

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I've never watched The Talk. I can only tolerate one of that kind of show a day, and even the one I do watch can only be taken in small increments. I love Sara Gilbert, but I guess she's quite busy these days with the other show and her family.  I think she still produces The Talk, though. Most of the other names mentioned, I either don't know or have seen very little of them. What I don't understand is the vitriol aimed at Marie Osmond. What on earth has that woman done to warrant such dislike? She's talented, family oriented, charity oriented. Her doll proceeds went to the Children's Miracle Network. I just don't get it. She and her family get so much flack.

I cannot speak for anyone else as to why she is disliked but for me she does not come off as genuine...more like acting like genuine. I cannot explain it but I just cannot relate to her.  She tries hard to be liked and to tell stories about her troubles so we can relate but it just does not come across sincere.....like other ladies have said Carnie Wilson is very genuine and relatable and wish she was the new host.