Honored Contributor

Re: The Talk not on for a couple of days...

Maybe Carnie Wilson or Leah Remini would help revive it! I don't watch as I am at work during that time, but certainly have seen the show before, and it does need a lead person....

Honored Contributor

Also, with most of their guest hosts being people I have never heard of, this is not helping to make it more interesting. Maybe if and when Carrie Ann returns, it will help, I like her on the show very much. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

we will have to agree to disagree.

if the $220 million is accurate......and i suspect it is pretty darn close......they could easily maintain their lifestyle and bring in money just through sound investments......and STILL have enough to leave their children a nice chunk of change. they can be sitting on the sofa and drinking champagne without even having to leave their home......if that is what they choose to do. i dont think they HAVE to work anymore.

I agree with you. They don't have to work or need to work to maintain a lavish lifestyle. If they choose to work it's because they, well, choose to work. Regardless of age or 'work credits', the lucky few can retire anytime they choose, if they have enough dinero... Personally, I think 20-40 million is probably enough...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

I just read ratings are terrible, it is  now the lowest rated daytime show, my guess it is not long before it is outta here for good. 

As both the network morons and at last one of the remaining hosts so richly deserve for it to be...

Gone and soon forgotten...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I find it interesting that Kelly Osbourne is slamming the cancel culture for trying to cancel her mom for saying what was perceived to be a racist comment yet she so readily worked to have Guiliana Rancic canceled when she said somethiing that Kelly perceived to be racist.  These people need to pick a lane. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The eating of their own has begun. We all saw this coming. The quest for perfection and no room for forgiveness just banishment was always going to come bite them on the backside. 

Mistreatment of Sharon by the "suits" --- the setup was so obvious. Glad Sharon is wealthy and doesn't have to depend on this show. TV has become very difficult to watch - knowing how good people are taken advantage of by the Sharks!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

When Sara left I felt the end coming.  She has this dry sense of humor and could call the others out especially Sharon in a way that was funny but not rude or confrontational.  She did not take herself seriously and that made her funny to me.  I like Carrie Ann.  Everything with Elaine Welteroff is political and serious and Amanda Klootz just gets on my nerves.  Cheryl is not funny or interesting to me.  I get so sick of the Alpha whatever sorority talk.  She goes from religious to trashy to telling us how educated she is. I don't think there is anyone who can save the show.  They need to close this one down and start a whole new one.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I miss Carrie Ann, Eve and Marie.  I thought that they were excellent during the lockdown with Sharon ensconced in her mega-mansion.

I don't mind Sheryl in very small doses, but now there is too much of her.  It's clear that they are still "auditioning" some replacements.  The recent guest hosts have been Latinas, which might be an interesting addition. 

And Amanda Klootz just comes across (to me) as a complete airhead, adding little of value or substance. 

Honored Contributor

Just CANCEL the show already.....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I just read an article in one of those gossipy, scandalous, questionable celebrity rags that Sheryl is thrilled that Carrie Ann is out on leave.

Sheryl loves being the moderator,  center of attention and wants to assemble her own "team."  Sheryl didn't think Carrie Ann did a good job.

Sounds very, very credible to me, for a gossipy rag.