Honored Contributor

Re: The Talk not on for a couple of days...

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I find it interesting that Hollywood, a city that endured a lot of unpleasantness in the early 1950's, is now the leading perpetrator of similar activities.  

It shows you what happens when people forget history.

@Sooner  Absolutely and when the prevailing culture is to obliterate it when it isn't pretty we can expect to see more of a vicious cycle perpetuating itself. It's unfortunate and, frankly, pretty stupid.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

The show returns next Tuesday as of now. Could be without Sharon, she feels like this was a set up for her to exit the show. She is very torn as to whether she should come back. 

No one set up her mouth or her tone..  I tried to watch the clips and it is too much.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan of Sharon, but that isn't the point here. In my opinion she didn't do anything wrong.  Leah Remini is one of the most outspoken people in Hollywood, so to come out with this now is suspect to me. The same goes for Holly Robinson Peete.

I think we need to have Sheryl answer how racism plays into all of this. She couldn't answer the question when Sharon asked her. She said it was in the tone, and implication.

I'm not a fan of Piers either, but I did not see anything racial in his words, or tone. He was friends with Meghan, and she just dropped him when she met Harry He is angry about that. He has always maintained that, so why the racial implication now. It was never mentioned before.

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

I'm not a fan of Sharon, but that isn't the point here. In my opinion she didn't do anything wrong.  Leah Remini is one of the most outspoken people in Hollywood, so to come out with this now is suspect to me. The same goes for Holly Robinson Peete.

I think we need to have Sheryl answer how racism plays into all of this. She couldn't answer the question when Sharon asked her. She said it was in the tone, and implication.

I'm not a fan of Piers either, but I did not see anything racial in his words, or tone. He was friends with Meghan, and she just dropped him when she met Harry He is angry about that. He has always maintained that, so why the racial implication now. It was never mentioned before.

@manny2 

i think race is being brought up because piers (and others) have accused meghan of being a fake.......and faking and lying about her racial issues, her mental health issues, and creating other royal issues. they have called her "princess Pinocchio."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why Gayle King is getting involved. She isn't on "The Talk" and has no part in what happened. She's a friend of Oprah, but other than that should have no concern in something that didn't include her. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's all CBS.  Never too early to work on stunts for sweeps in May.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I find it interesting that Hollywood, a city that endured a lot of unpleasantness in the early 1950's, is now the leading perpetrator of similar activities.  

It shows you what happens when people forget history.

@Sooner  Absolutely and when the prevailing culture is to obliterate it when it isn't pretty we can expect to see more of a vicious cycle perpetuating itself. It's unfortunate and, frankly, pretty stupid.

It's called the "human condition." @stevieb   Everyone tries to diminish the other for whatever reason.  Self preservation and cognitive dissonance are usually the primary reasons why though.  No one is better than another and differing points of view should just be left like that.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I don't understand why Gayle King is getting involved. She isn't on "The Talk" and has no part in what happened. She's a friend of Oprah, but other than that should have no concern in something that didn't include her. 

Gayle King has nothing to do with Sharon Osbourne @teganslaw 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@teganslaw There is one person that benefits from Gayle King getting involved, and that is Meghan. To speak to Harry's family through Gayle King is disgraceful.

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle King would be nowhere if she wasn't Oprah's best friend. Well maybe she'd still be here in Ct. on the little local station she left and nobody except for that viewing audience would know her name from a hill of beans.