Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Talk not on for a couple of days...

History always repeats itself!  That's what they say.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@10sluvr 

@10sluvr wrote:
I would be happy to see "The View" off the air, too.

ITA, but stopped watching it, because if someone had a different opinion, they got cut off.

Honored Contributor

I hope Sharon is gone.  Can not stand the know it all B

Respected Contributor

Sharon Osbourne said her recent fight with Sheryl Underwood and Elaine Welteroth on “The Talk” was “the biggest set up ever.” She told “ET” on Tuesday that “The Talk” showrunners told her CBS executives had co-hosts blindside her with tough questions about defending Piers Morgan.

As Osbourne told “ET’s” Kevin Frazier, she arrived late to “The Talk” studio last Wednesday. When she bumped into one of the showrunners, the woman asked her, “Hey, do you want to clear up the Piers thing again?” To which Osbourne says she replied, “If you want me to, I will.”

Osbourne then says with eight minutes to showtime, the showrunner told her that “Maybe one of [the co-hosts] doesn’t agree” with you. But Osbourne says what unfolded on TV was much more than that, and believes the questions asked were written for Underwood and Welteroth on their index cards, but were not on her own.

Osbourne says she was not prepped for that line of questioning, which violated a pact the co-hosts made last year.

“And I’m like, ‘I’ve been set up,'” she recalled to Frazier. “And I went like, how DARE you all do this to me! I’m your sacrificial lamb.”

Osbourne told Frazier Underwood would not talk to her during the next commercial break when she asked for an explanation. Osbourne says she’s privately apologized to Underwood for comments she made after that, but Underwood has not responded to her.

Osbourne says she’s not mad at Underwood or Welteroth, but is “so angry” at CBS, where she’s worked at for 11 years.

“I think that CBS was so horrified with Piers for the things he was saying. Because remember, Harry and Meghan– it’s a CBS interview,” she said. “I had sided with Piers, so, it’s the cancel culture isn’t it? ‘Throw her under the bus.'”

~thewrap

Esteemed Contributor

According to People, Sharon had some unkind words regarding Julie Chen.

Keep in mind also how long Julie has not been on the talk.

Highly doubt that she will return at all.

This show needs to end now.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I read that she might not want to return. Whatever that means.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees wrote:

It is more than unkind words. So is what she allegedly said about Sara Gilbert, according to People. If she said those things that cannot be tolerated in a workplace. Every workplace has rules, and there are some laws too. Has nothing to do with Hollywood.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The ratings for this show have been tanking...

Does anyone else feel this whole situation was perhaps orchestrated for attention? Much like the Bachelor--Chris Harrison is probably sitting home in his underwear, cracking open a beer while collecting his big fat paycheck. I heard yesterday on some news show he hasn't "decided" when he will be back. That makes it sound like he is simply taking a break while viewers are creating a lot of free publicity for the show.

All that being said I cannot tolerate Sharon. But she and Sara Gilbert are very tight. Is Sara still an executive(?) producer of The Talk? And too, much gossip was thrown around that Sharon pulled Sheryl into her snare to ensure Marie was let go. 

Edited to correct a boatload of errors. My multi-tasking skills are not working today.😄

Honored Contributor

I hadn't thought about the CBS relationship.

Interesting. 

Glad that we are able to input various views and info.

If we don't have opinions, the word 'robot' enters my mind.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

The ratings for this show have been tanking...

Does anyone else feel this whole situation was perhaps orchestrated for attention? Much like the Bachelor--Chris Harrison is probably sitting home in his underwear, cracking open a beer while collecting his big fat paycheck. I heard yesterday on some news show he hasn't "decided" when he will be back. That makes it sound like he is simply taking a break while viewers arec creating a lot of free publicity for the show.

All that being said I cannot tolerate Sharon. But she and Sara Gilbert are very tight. Is Sara still an executive(?) producer of The Talk. And too, much gossip was thrown around that Sharon pulled Sharon into her snare to ensure Marie was let go. 

Sara is no longer a producer or exective producer.