Honored Contributor

Re: The Talk not on for a couple of days...

[ Edited ]

The show returns next Tuesday as of now. Could be without Sharon, she feels like this was a set up for her to exit the show. She is very torn as to whether she should come back. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's "she said ~ "she said" with HRP and Sharon Osbourne.  

Holly Robinson Peete, one of the original hosts of CBS’ “The Talk,” has resurfaced claims that her co-host Sharon Osbourne complained Peete was too “ghetto” for the show, resulting in Peete’s dismissal. Peete and fellow host Leah Remini were released from “The Talk” after its first season in 2011.

“I’m old enough to remember when Sharon complained that I was too ‘ghetto’ for ‘The Talk’…then I was gone,” Peete tweeted on Friday. “I bring this up now [because] I was mortified watching the disrespectful condescending tone she took [with] her co-host who remained calm & respectful…she HAD to.”

Holly Robinson Peete Says Sharon Osbourne Called Her Too 'Ghetto' - Variety

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

The show returns next Tuesday as of now. Could be without Sharon, she feels like this was a set up for her to exit the show. She is very torn as to whether she should come back. 

I believe the powers that be at CBS don't want her back.  Sharon Osbourne has no control over whether CBS will retain her.  She doesn't own the show, CBS does.

Honored Contributor

Sharon has now had a cease and desist letter sent to Holly threatening to sue her.

Esteemed Contributor

The plot thickens!

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm just tired of all of the bantering going on now-a-days.

Back and forth, back and forth.

Topics from A to Z.  

Would like a bit of peace and quiet for a change.

Keeping my TV off (Well, I do like QVC. No arguing, so far.)  and listening to The Breeze  FM radio.  

Taking a break.  Keep safe and well,

everyone.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I have disliked Sharon's presence on this show for many years. I have watched because I generally enjoyed many of the co-hosts and guests.  Her unlikability was therefore diluted by others.

However,  she recently has become more obnoxious and dismissive of others, having been elevated to the position of the show's Queen.  I tend to believe most of the allegations,  given her on air behavior. 

I wouldn't miss her at all, but would like to see the show continue. 

Honored Contributor

I find it ironic that the name of the the show is THE TALK...but if you don't agree with what others or the majority on the panel have to say, you're out.

Esteemed Contributor

I often think that about "The View"!

Honored Contributor

TV is in a sad state of affairs theses days, dh and I barely watch network TV.  We watch most shows that don't involve anyone with celebrity status..can't stand their egos, don't want to know their politics, or their se#u@l identity...we just don't care and I am not going to watch their shows and contribute to their income.