Respected Contributor

Re: The Talk not on for a couple of days...

I'm ALL for free speech. It's the delivery that makes a difference.

If it becomes verbally hostile, it's not acceptable, AND, very uncomfortable for anyone witnessing such. 

A couple of days is not enough for The Talk team to review the situation. But, they're not the only program that needs to do the same.

We're seeing such bad examples set these days. It's becoming like fight club. We could use a return of some civility.

I particularly hate what children are witnessing these days. It's going to be damaging. 

Honored Contributor

Interesting that there was no investigation when they fired Marie Osmond. I read she was treated horribly...

Contributor

That would be a breath of fresh air to get rid of both these talk shows.

Trusted Contributor

@software wrote:

Not pointing a finger at you but saying someone should pay a price for saying something uncomfortable is a real problem for a show called The Talk in a country with free speech.

@TurnerGal wrote:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  The current group of woman are not interesting.  Sharon has said a lot of uncomfortable things in the past and never paid the price.  Based on the comments it sounds like Sharon and Sherry kind of ran the show.  Maybe CBS will use this issue to get rid of Mrs O.  like she got rid of many other prior hosts.  The two new girls are not very interesting and the show is almost unwatchable.

Yes,  I 100% believe in free speech.  But I have watched for several years and Mrs. O made not only the recent comments supporting Pearce, but has said things in poor taste about other "Stars."   Like Pearce,  she has every right to say what she wants.  I enjoy hearing others opinions and some times change my opinion after listening open mindedly to others.  

But Mrs. O has made rude comments about others, and based on what her former cast masts are saying,  she is is bit of a bully.  I don't want to watch a bully so I can choose to not watch the show.  I remember even Sarah joking that if I had said half of what Mrs. O said I would have been fired. 

We will see over the next few weeks what happens.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@10sluvr wrote:

I would be happy to see "The View" off the air, too.

@10sluvr 

ITA....👏👏👏 The Talk and The View need to go....just a bunch of bickering, gossiping, and arguing ...🙄......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

THE VIEW is having one of its best seasons ever......and earning good ratings. i dont really watch THE TALK, but i do know they are two totally different shows.

not sure why anyone wants to see THE VIEW or THE TALK go? so many choices on television that the shows i dont like, i just dont watch. i know OTHERS like shows that i dont like, so i dont wish them gone. when people stop watching, they will be removed.

Lets see how "The View" does down the road now that their main focus and instigator is now gone...they won't have much to talk about anymore....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@10sluvr wrote:

I would be happy to see "The View" off the air, too.

@10sluvr 

ITA....👏👏👏 The Talk and The View need to go....just a bunch of bickering, gossiping, and arguing ...🙄......

Can you imagine finding this interesting. It's no different than the neighborhood ladies gossiping. The only difference is they're so called celebs so some people think what they say is important. 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

THE VIEW is having one of its best seasons ever......and earning good ratings. i dont really watch THE TALK, but i do know they are two totally different shows.

not sure why anyone wants to see THE VIEW or THE TALK go? so many choices on television that the shows i dont like, i just dont watch. i know OTHERS like shows that i dont like, so i dont wish them gone. when people stop watching, they will be removed.

Lets see how "The View" does down the road now that their main focus and instigator is now gone...they won't have much to talk about anymore....

The VIEW has been on the air since 1997.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Regular Contributor

I used to love this show.  I stuck with it through several host changes. I was about to give up on it and then Marie came on.  I understand that she put the focus on herself a lot and it would be difficult for some of these hosts to take, but, let's face it, Marie has had a much more interesting life than these other hosts.  I loved hearing all her stories and not just the PC statements that are trendy that week.

After Marie 'left' I quit watching and will not try it again.  

Honored Contributor

I’ll chime in and post my 2 cents for what it’s worth....which is nothing.

I stopped watching the view a long time ago.  I think people have a right to say what they want if it’s the kind of show that purports to be that way.

It seems like the country is going through a kind of ‘reset’ right now.

If you are born here as are generations in your family you realize this country is young enough and strong enough to absorb and make changes,

Look!  Think about it.  I’ve heard many people understand one should think of a needle with numbers 1 thru 10.  The needle is in the middle.  But every now and then it will move one way or the other and eventually wind up in the middle again.

I feel like it’s a scary time in this country....that is if you believe the hype on TV and newspapers.  But when you talk to friends and family most people are more in the middle.  Kinda 

like...”Yes, we needed a ‘reset’ and it’s a good thing but I don’t think most people are as drastic as we are made to believe.”

What I find fascinating is I wonder if we’ve been fed (call it stuff) all along and it wasn’t as obvious as it seems to be now...or it just started happening.

I honestly don’t know.  I wonder if it’s a case of that squeaky wheel and the loudest or ....

It would have us believe we all think one way or another.  I prefer to think that it’s not as bad as we are lead to believe.

Americans have always been smart enough to think for themselves.

I get upset with friends and family who think differently than I do.  However I value them. I value their comments and often learn from them.

It would be a shame... and; I think be the end of this country, if everyone starts or is forced to think and talk alike.

All my bla bla and there are the two shows mentioned here that I can’t stand to watch.  

But honestly the reason I stopped watching The Talk is because it drove me crazy that every time someone made a comment...the audience clapped.  As far as The View...I stopped when Barbara stopped being on the show.  I’d visit the show every now and then but changed the channel when the same two people ran the conversation.

Nothing keeps any of us from changing the channel.

The saying goes (paraphrasing)..”I totally disagree with what you are saying but I’ll defend to the bitter end your right to say it”.

I think many if not most people would feel that way if they’re given a few minutes to capture and organize their thoughts.

To finally sum it up...Unfortunately the country is not in that kind of place.

I’m hoping that needle will move to the middle sooner rather than later.

My comments have mostly to do with censorship rather than other things in the news.