Respected Contributor

Re: The Talk: New Cohosts Announced

I've seen both women on the show lately.  Figured it might be an audition.  They seem likable and qualified.  Best of luck to them!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, now I know who Amanda Kloots is. She kept her husband Nick's on going battle with Covid in the public eye .I remember reading her posts about his progress, (mostly lack of) quite often.  He had a long hard battle and she was there with him every step of the way. It appeared they were very much in love and she adored him.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for pointing out who she is.  Now I recall seeing her updates about her husband but never remembered her name.  I remember one when he emerged from a coma and she was so ecstatic and hopeful.  What a tragic turn of events.

Super Contributor

Amanda Kloots was a former Rockettes dancer. I think she will be an addition to the show.

On a side note/question: Can anyone tell me where I can find the pink & white sweater Carrie Ann had on? Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

That was super quick!

Two hosts chosen and announced so quickly.

I watch like the first 10 minutes of this show anymore. If and when it is 

cancelled I won't be surprised.

Heard a bit today of Sharon speaking about most of the past hosts that

were given the boot or left on their own.  Mrs O. of all the hosts to talk

about them, but then she is the only original host remaining.

Honored Contributor

Both have been subbing on The Talk quite often over the last few weeks. Welteroth is a journalist for the NY Times, that is how they announce her.  Kloots is a Broadway actress, who is also a fitness guru. 

Respected Contributor

Interesting choices. I know who Amanda Kloots is - it was heartbreaking to hear how her husband suffered and so sad that he died. I never heard of Elaine Welteroth.

I really don't care that much who's on the show anymore. The only time I watch is if someone I like will be a guest. It hasn't been the same since Aisha Tyler and Sara Gilbert left.

Respected Contributor

I saw both of them recently on the show and thought they did a good job.  I don't watch it as often as I used to.  

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I don't know who Elaine is, but Amanda Kloots is the widow of the broadway actor Nick Cordero (not sure of spelling) who passed away after a difficult battle with Covid.  Don't know what her credentials are to be a talk show host, but i hope she does well.

Yes I didn't realize this at first due to the OP's typo about her name.

Thanks @Tessa Mendoza .

Honored Contributor

i dont watch this show often, but who left other than marie osmond?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein