Honored Contributor

Re: The Talk Cancelled

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

I never watmed up to that show.  As a young woman I watched few soaps.  I watched The Young and the Restless from day one.  Loved William Gray Espy 😍

Maybe I could get hooked on a new one againSmiley Happy

I watched Y and R from day one too from the days of Espy as Snapper and the Brooks Sisters, gave up on it in 1980, not seen it since. 

Honored Contributor

I think The Talk gave Sharon Osborne a raw deal, lost my interest then. 

Respected Contributor

I quit watching after Julie Chen bailed and Sharon Osborne was bullied out. Good riddance!

Respected Contributor

I didn't watch the show but weren't they on for about 14 years?

Honored Contributor

@Estellee wrote:

I didn't watch the show but weren't they on for about 14 years?

Yes. premiered in 2010

Honored Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

I hope The View is next.  It is so different from what Barbara Walters wanted the show to be.  They used to have different "views" and opinions about many topics.  Now it is mostly political and very biased.  I stopped watching a long time ago. 

how did i know someone was going to mention THE VIEW even though it is nothing like THE TALK?

THE VIEW has evolved over the years and BW was around to see some of the changes and i am sure she knew it had to change, especially during certain years. i watch it every day and there are MANY topics discussed.

its a good thing no one is forced to watch it. it probably isnt going anywhere anytime soon. i currently LOVE the panel and the discussions. it is a very high rated show for ABC.

“The View” ranked No. 1 in Households (1.71 rating) and Total Viewers (2.509 million) among all network and syndicated daytime talk shows and news programs so far in 2024.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45- We're all entitled to our opinion.  Different strokes for different folks!

Respected Contributor

Re: The Talk Cancelled

[ Edited ]

Yes, I expected the competition to be mentioned!

But ABC is likely in no hurry to cancel the #1  Daytime Show.

The network's daytime lineup seems pretty solid right now.

Honored Contributor

THE View is aptly named at least.  It is the/one view.  All of these shows are a bunch of women talking over one another, and never were interesting to me.  

Honored Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

I hope The View is next.  It is so different from what Barbara Walters wanted the show to be.  They used to have different "views" and opinions about many topics.  Now it is mostly political and very biased.  I stopped watching a long time ago. 

I feel exactly the same.  At one time it was supposed to feature different points of view.  Now it's only one usually an extreme point of view.