Respected Contributor

Re: The Talk Cancelled

[ Edited ]

I watch both, but I don't find The View and The Talk to be at all similar.

Yes, The View emphasizes political and current event news. I usually watch for the guests, so I mute the first segment until the guest comes out.  I know what Joy and Sunny are saying just by looking at them!

The Talk is generally entirely pop culture and entertainment news.  And there are 2 men.

So obviously not the same as The View.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@WORKING GAL wrote:

I hope The View is next.  It is so different from what Barbara Walters wanted the show to be.  They used to have different "views" and opinions about many topics.  Now it is mostly political and very biased.  I stopped watching a long time ago. 

I feel exactly the same.  At one time it was supposed to feature different points of view.  Now it's only one usually an extreme point of view.

Sara Haines, Whoopi and Allyssa have differing opinions on many issues.  🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

In my view, the opinions are often 3 versus 1 versus wishy-washy.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 - Yes, I also knew that, despite this being about "The Talk", that "The View" would just have to be mentioned by those who don't watch it and want it cancelled.  (Nothing like cancel culture!)

Funny how some things can be predicted to go off topic, isn't it?

And how those who don't watch, know what the views are on "The View"!  Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

There was just something about that show that just never clicked with me, especially after all the Julie Chen drama. I'm not sorry to see it go. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@sunshine45 - Yes, I also knew that, despite this being about "The Talk", that "The View" would just have to be mentioned by those who don't watch it and want it cancelled.  (Nothing like cancel culture!)

Funny how some things can be predicted to go off topic, isn't it?

And how those who don't watch, know what the views are on "The View"!  Woman Very Happy

BINGO @Venezia 

i also have to say that i have no need for shows to be cancelled just because i dont watch them, dont like who is on them, have different points of view than i do, or dont like the subject matter. let the people who do like them enjoy their shows. it is so simple to just not watch!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

It is amusing when those who proudly proclaim "I haven't watched it in years!" also know exactly what is being currently aired.  What a hoot!

Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

It is amusing when those who proudly proclaim "I haven't watched it in years!" also know exactly what is being currently aired.  What a hoot!

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes 

LOL.   I haven't watched the Talk since Aisha Tyler and Julie Chen were on.  I couldn't stand Cheryl.  She was supposed to be funny, but she wasn't, just really annoying.

As for the View, I guess people don't realize they HAVE added other "views".   Good ones.  Or perhaps they actually know but just need a reason to criticize?  lol

(Meghan McCain was a very bad fit for the View).

Respected Contributor

Re: The Talk Cancelled

[ Edited ]

Candace Cameron Bure was a guest today (on The View.)

It was a pretty pleasant, informative conversation all around.  I enjoyed  it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I didn't know it was still being aired.......I guess I've been watching something else in The Talk's time slot.

Haven't watched since Leah and Holly were 'let go'.  

They were entertaining, especially Leah's unique humor.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).