Respected Contributor

The Spanish Princess series on STARZ network

[ Edited ]

Perhaps this ongoing series  has been mentioned  here before........not sure. 

But if you enjoy historically almost-accurate and significant shows,

this is a good one that I just watched for the first time last night.

Was able to watch  the original episodes via "on demand" with Comcast.  Now am hooked on future episodes.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Spanish Princess series on STARZ network

@novamc1   i am so enjoying too!  i did also enjoy "The White Queen" and "The White Princess" mini-series that came before. they are also On Demand on my system if you want to go back and go chronologically.

as others have pointed out not everything is historically accurate, but i find it whets my appetite to learn more.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just watched the latest episode last night On Demand.  This third series doesn't captivate me like the 2 earlier ones.   The acting is not stellar and I don't care for the actors much.  Plus I know how it is going to end (history).  

Will probably keep watching when there is nothing else on, though.  

Respected Contributor

I've been trying to follow the series, but I'm having difficulty understanding the Spanish accents.  I checked and it appears the actress playing the princess is not Spanish, so her accented English is something she had to learn.  

The actress playing Henry's grandmother appears quite wrinkled which, evidently, is makeup!  Her photo looks much more youthful! IMG_1192.JPG 

Honored Contributor

I downloaded the series a few weeks ago.  Looking forward to binge watching on a lazy weekend.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I have been watching this, too.  The acting is quite lame and I can hardly understand what they’re saying due to bad accents.  But, it has entertained me a bit and I recorded the finale last night.  I caught the last few episodes of the White Princess. It was pretty good.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the White Queen and White Princess when they were on a few years ago.  I am also watching the Spanish Princess and am drawn to it, Catherine of Aragon, first wife of Henry the VIII.  While I know the story about Catherine it is still , for me, a very good series.  I don't have any problem understanding anyone as I watch Masterpiece theater all the time and am used to the pronunciations.  

The actress who plays the King's mother is an attractive actress as opposed to how she looks in the series and Laura Carmichael from Downton Abby plays Maggie Pole.  Great cast entertaining series!

Respected Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I enjoyed the White Queen and White Princess when they were on a few years ago.  I am also watching the Spanish Princess and am drawn to it, Catherine of Aragon, first wife of Henry the VIII.  While I know the story about Catherine it is still , for me, a very good series.  I don't have any problem understanding anyone as I watch Masterpiece theater all the time and am used to the pronunciations.  

The actress who plays the King's mother is an attractive actress as opposed to how she looks in the series and Laura Carmichael from Downton Abby plays Maggie Pole.  Great cast entertaining series!

@spiderw  i'm with you!  Catherine of Aragon was Henry VIII's main wife - but all her successors usually get the coverage.  i enjoyed the punch of the last scene of the finale and its glimpse into the future dynamic of their pairing,  and am glad there will be a Season Two.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised more aren't following this excellent show .... and  I thought it was on Reelz .......  huh.

Trusted Contributor

I actually enjoyed this series on Starz.  Very short season.  Next season will not air until 2020.  Very hard to recall everything with long breaks in between.

Will have to refresh with On Demand before it starts.