Honored Contributor

Re: The Sound of Music is on ABC channel 10 Right Now

That book about the von Trapps sounds good, @alicedee.   I could be imagining it, but I vaguely think I read that they found their way to Vermont-- could it be that they started a ski resort there?  Sounds slightly far-fetched, but for some reason sticks with me.  What an interesting family...

Respected Contributor

The Trapp Family Lodge is in Stowe, VT. If you go t9 their website, you can read the real story of Maria and Georg Von Trapp and how the lodge came to be.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Smiley Happy

Believe it or not, I've never seen that movie, just no interest.

Same here. I dislike musicals

Respected Contributor

My husband and I toured to Salzburg a few years ago, and took the Sound of Music Tour!  It was fabulous.  Apparently Austrians are not into TSOM, but all the visiting Americans are.

Bus tour of all the areas that were used in filming.  Singing and a stop for apple strudel were included.   It was goofy fun, and I recommend.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

That book about the von Trapps sounds good, @alicedee.   I could be imagining it, but I vaguely think I read that they found their way to Vermont-- could it be that they started a ski resort there?  Sounds slightly far-fetched, but for some reason sticks with me.  What an interesting family...

Yes, as @bathina said, they bought property in Stowe, Vermont and opened a ski resort.  Their story was very compelling...if you get a chance to read the book, I highly recommend it!

Frequent Contributor

@bathina wrote:
@ThemeFromASummerPlace that is my second favorite part- when they dance the Llindler. Btw Ive told my family I want the theme from A Summer Place played at my funeral. I could listen to that song forever 😍

It's not my favorite song but it is the most beautiful song I've heard. What a nice thing sentiment. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Always has been a favorite  . Fell in love with the soundtrack when I first saw it in the theater when I was in grade school. I  now play the soundtrack to my  grandchild while I sing along  with it to him .   I even try the  yodel in the Lonely Goat Herder song .  His favorite  songs are "  So Long Farewell  "  and " Do Rei Mi " .

Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

My husband and I toured to Salzburg a few years ago, and took the Sound of Music Tour!  It was fabulous.  Apparently Austrians are not into TSOM, but all the visiting Americans are.

Bus tour of all the areas that were used in filming.  Singing and a stop for apple strudel were included.   It was goofy fun, and I recommend.

Lucky, lucky you!!! This has been on my bucket list for years! One of these days I will get there with my daughter who is also a fan.

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:
@emmysmomi knew she had lost her voice, but not that it was because a doctor made an error. Goodness, how awful! Bad enough her amazing gift of such a pure and clear voice was taken from her, it was taken from us too. 😥 I could listen to her sing all day.

I could too..bless her heart!!!!! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite movie!  I started singing and my husband high-tailed it into the bedroom to watch something else.

Smiley LOL

It is what it is!!!