Honored Contributor

I'm trying hard but just not feeling it.

The violence did put me off, just spent too much time with it but I guess it's important to understand Eli.

I need to see characters I can latch on to, and a definitive "good guy vs bad guy"

I'll probably keep watching but it's not holding my interest.

Except for the violence, I have actually enjoyed young Eli vs. Toshaway better.

The actor playing Eli's oldest son was also in Hell on Wheels.   Martin Delaney.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Son on AMC

[ Edited ]

I am such a western movie fan...not so much "cowboys and Indians"... but more western family life!   I loved, loved Hell On Wheels - the characters and their stories, the history, the costumes and the scenery!!  Loved Dancing With Wolves, Lonesome Doves and Open Range!!

I watched the recent episodes of The Son and have mixed feelings about the show. I am still not sure what the focus of the show is...Eli growing up to be the 'raw' adult character or the competition and differences between Eli and his son??? And, I am assuming that The Son  is Pete...the one that is so different from Eli??

I will keep watching the show, but am not yet caring about the characters.  And I need to care about the characters for me to get engrossed in a show!!!  I also do not like the constant flash back scenes of the story....why not just start with Eli as a boy??

Honored Contributor

I've only seen Episode 1 thus far ..........   did I miss what came next?

Esteemed Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays. I put everything on close caption, so I don,t miss what is going on.

Esteemed Contributor

I missed the first two episodes but even  though I was late getting started I am loving it.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Is anybody still watching this show???  I have stuck with it, but am still not sure that I love it!   It is difficult to understand Eli's speech.  He speaks into his mustache!!  Am curious about the ending...am sure that young daughter will take over the ranch though...

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

Is anybody still watching this show???  I have stuck with it, but am still not sure that I love it!   It is difficult to understand Eli's speech.  He speaks into his mustache!!  Am curious about the ending...am sure that young daughter will take over the ranch though...

Recent storylines seem to have more of a 'soap opera' quality, but I have gone this far so will stick with it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Son on AMC

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@corita wrote:

Recent storylines seem to have more of a 'soap opera' quality, but I have gone this far so will stick with it. 

-------------

Me too, plus something to watch for Saturday evening! Many reviews I read online are not that crazy about the show either.  I agree...too daytime opera!!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I haven't stopped watching, but we have the last two episodes still to watch.    

Does anyone know how many episodes are in this series ... or does it just go on?    I thought it was only 8 or 10 episodes, but maybe I'm thinking of another show.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I haven't stopped watching, but we have the last two episodes still to watch.    

Does anyone know how many episodes are in this series ... or does it just go on?    I thought it was only 8 or 10 episodes, but maybe I'm thinking of another show.

10 episode in the first season.  It has been renewed for a second season.