Respected Contributor

Re: The Sinner - New show on USA, August 2

Not impressed.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen this weeks episode yet, but I really like it, and want to find out what is going on???It is very different, and the acting is very good, I think.

Honored Contributor

This is one of those shows that gets weirder with each episode and it makes you want to keep watching it.

Contributor

I'm enjoying this show.  I DVR it so I can ff through the commercials.  It is the only show that I am currently watching that I actually watch the show and am not checking my phone at the same time.  I haven't done that in - forever.

Respected Contributor

Very off the wall idea but what is Cora is actually the sister. The parents were somehow responsible for Cora's death. So after her death the sister assumed Cora's idenity. That would expain the track marks on her arms due to all her medical treatment.

In the scene where the ill sister had the naughty magazine, it shows she was also a bit naughty. This would explain her experimentation when libertaed as "Cora".

Honored Contributor

I saw the first episode and I'm hooked! Glad you guys told me about this. I haven't seen the recent replies since it looks like I need to catch up here!

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Very off the wall idea but what is Cora is actually the sister. The parents were somehow responsible for Cora's death. So after her death the sister assumed Cora's idenity. That would expain the track marks on her arms due to all her medical treatment.

In the scene where the ill sister had the naughty magazine, it shows she was also a bit naughty. This would explain her experimentation when libertaed as "Cora".

Wow @granddi, now that is twisted but I can totally see this point of view. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee@GenXmuse@granddi@dd ks girl@CANDLEQUEEN

@granddi

Had not considered the possibility that "she" is actually the sister... hmmmm

@Mz IMac

I am lost about the fact that her husband is no saint?

What did I miss y 'all?

The scars on her arms do not look right for a drug abuser -- ? They look like scars from accidents or some tragedy. She kept repeating "Why don't I remember?"

I am liking the oddities in this story.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1

Before hubby started working for his parents & prior to changing his life around, he use to run w/a bad crowd.  JD was the leader.   That is why he knew who to go to originally when trying to find out where JD is holding out "now-a-days."  Not sure if he was in a biker gang or not.

And another thing....JD knew Cora in a "biblical" way (ménage à trois) that shocked hubby.

@granddi

Good call!!!!! 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac

Oh thank you... thought I had missed her husband knowing JD SOMEWHERE lol!

Don't laff.... I always thought that term meant something else (ménage a deux!) duh

@Mz iMac

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~