Honored Contributor

Re: The Sinner - New show on USA, August 2

@meem120 wrote:

I liked it , but something I was wondering about..in the flashback when her mother was showing her her baby sister, was the baby dead?  Sure looked like it.  

I'm not sure but I thought I saw it move. Poor thing.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Did anyone watch this last night after Suits? Here's what The Sinner Is about:

"Young mother Cora Tannetti is overcome by an inexplicable fit of rage that leads her to commit a startling -- and very public -- act of violence, with no explanation as to why she did it. When Detective Harry Ambrose begins his investigation and grows obsessed with uncovering Cora's hidden motive, the two work together to try to get deep into her psyche to learn about the violent secrets that are hidden in her past. The eight-episode thriller -- which tries to uncover the "why" instead of the "who" or "what" -- stars Jessica Biel, who also serves as an executive producer, and Bill Pullman in the lead roles."

I actually liked this first show. The acting was good and the story has got me wanting to watch the next episode. It's scheduled for eight episodes. I wonder what made her(Cora) do it?? And detective Harry looks like he's got some secrets of his own.

@SilleeMee

I agree!  Very intriguing!  Very good plot and acting!  Obviously she has either experienced extreme violence in her past or witnessed it.  Can't wait to see the rest of the episodes!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

The baby did move so she was still alive when the mother was showing her to her big siter.  Don't know what was wrong with her but I guess this will be revealed as the show progresses.  The mother seems really ----- weird.  I feel sorry for the husband and little boy!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I think I set it to record I have to check yet.

Respected Contributor

I am hooked.  Cannot wait for next week.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@meem120, Something was very wrong with that baby and what an awful mom, Cora was a little girl and telling her she took 3 times the necessary strength to have her. Can you imagine the guilt she carries. 

Honored Contributor

I saw it advertised, and thought it looked really intriguing-there is a book as well. I will watch it on Demand, and there is never anything good on friday nights......I like both Jessica, and Bill Pullman!

Esteemed Contributor

I watched last night's show and thought it was interesting!  I like the actress and was intrigued!  I imagine that most of the show will focus on her past...must have been some trauma during her childhood!!

Honored Contributor

This is what I think happened to her in the past...

Spoiler
I think it was her father who molested her when she was a girl and her mother stabbed him when she found out...crazy mother!
Honored Contributor

Spoiler
Or, her mother caught her father in the middle of "knocking da boots" w/a younger woman  & crazy mom stabbed her husband, the younger woman then herself.  She witnessed the whole thing.

Smiley LOL

But I think your "spoiler" is the accurate one. @SilleeMee

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif