Honored Contributor

The Shows We Can't Wait To See

There was an article in TV Guide staffers reveal why these series will have them reaching for their remotes.

1. The Crown Returns November 15 on Netflix. It will show the doomed union of Prince Charles (Josh O'Conner) and Princess Diana (Emma Corrin). Gillian Anderson as Margaret Thatcher.

2. Supernatural Returns October 18 on The CW Fans will need tissues as they say goodbye to demon-hunting brothers Dean and Sam Winchester (Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki) after 15 seasons. There are seven episodes that were suppose to air in the spring but got delayed due to the pandemic.

3. The Right Stuff October 9 on Disney+ Based on Tom Wolfe's best seller, 1950's-and 60's set drama about the daredevil military pilots recruited to become America's first astronauts. "It's about what makes them tick," reveals Patrick J. Adams who plays John Glenn, "and the stuff they didn't want you to hear about."

4. Fargo September 27 FX Fourth installment stars comedian Chris Rock playing the head of a 1950's crime family who swaps sons with his rival as part of a twisted truce.

5.Law & OrderSmiley Surprisedrganized Crime TBD NBC Eliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni) heads up an elite task force targeting mobsters and the like, and has promised a crossover with his former partner SVU's Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay)! "There was so much unsaid between them, and people are still curious about it," he says.

6. Grey's Anatomy TBD ABC Pompeo says season 17 will be worth the wait.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Shows We Can't Wait To See

So looking forward to the return of "Fargo".  Will be interesting to see Chris Rock play a villian.

Trusted Contributor

I loved all the Law & Order series. This new one will probably grab me again as did the rest. Thanks for the advance notice. I'll be on the lookout for actual scheduling. 

Honored Contributor

"5.Law & OrderSmiley Surprisedrganized Crime TBD NBC Eliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni) heads up an elite task force targeting mobsters"

I would like to know how he managed that w/his anger issues?

@deepwaterdotter  "Will be interesting to see Chris Rock play a villian."

He played one on Empire.

proxy-image-2.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac Yes he did.  It was such a short-lived role that I had forgotten.

Honored Contributor

I'm interest in checking out the new Law and Order. Hope it is as good as SVU.

Honored Contributor

A big yes to "Elliot Stabler"!!! (I know that's not the name of show). Not interested in the others.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm looking forward to the new miniseries for the remake of THE STAND on CBS All Access, which I'm willing to sign up for.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Call the Midwife and The Handmaids Tale.
And the remake of the British series All Creatures Great and Small on Masterpiece. 

Trusted Contributor

I am also looking forward to seeing the remake of Stephen King's The Stand on CBS All Access. Love that they cast Whoopi as Mother Abigail and Alexander Skarsgard as Randall Flagg. (Dec 17 premiere which is a little strange to me that they will start this so close to the holidays)