Respected Contributor

I just watched The Rookie (I DVRd it from Sun. night) and was so impressed with the actor who is playing the new detective.  I had never seen him before he played Dean (Desna's autistic brother on Claws).  After seeing him play a totally different type of character I am so impressed with his acting skills.  After seeing him on The Rookie, I really appreciate his talent even more.  I like him 100 times better than the woman who played his partner.  She was way too stoic for me and had one expression which was blank.  I like the show so much better with her gone.

Frequent Contributor

I think you mean Nathan Fillon. He played Castle in the TV series of the same name, and Mal Reynolds in Firefly. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Fillion 

Frequent Contributor

My bad. Not Nathan Fillion. Don't know what I was thinking.

Respected Contributor

@Slainte wrote:

I think you mean Nathan Fillon. He played Castle in the TV series of the same name, and Mal Reynolds in Firefly. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Fillion 

Slainte:  No, not Nathan Filon, I know who he is and loved him in Castle.  I mean his new partner, the Detective who he is now working with.  He played Dean, the autistic brother on Claws.  They got rid of the actress who was previously playing Nathan's partner.

Respected Contributor

@Slainte wrote:

My bad. Not Nathan Fillion. Don't know what I was thinking.

Slante: Oops!  Sorry.  I was in a hurry and did not read your post before I posted mine.  Did not have my coffee yet! (LOL).

Trusted Contributor

Hey, the actress playing his former partner QUIT because of sexual harrassment, they did not get rid of her!  Admire her for leaving a good paying role when black women do not always get a good role in a series.  I liked her, and like the new guy too.

Respected Contributor

Nathan Fillion got his start as Joey Buchanan on One Life to Live.  I have followed him since then

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

@KLevineFan  I feel like a lot of black people have leads in all kinds of shows & movies. 

The world has changed a lot in the last few years.

I liked her a lot & I hope she gets another good show quickly!

I am sorry she had to leave.

Frequent Contributor

I was sorry to see her leave.  She was my favorite character on the show.  I don't like it near as much with her gone.