Frequent Contributor

The Rookie – Episode From Sunday, April 24, 2022

I just watched my DVR recording of The Rookie episode from Sunday, April 24th.

I thought the guest star who played the bomber looked familiar, and when I heard him speak, I realized who he was. It was the actor who played Otis on Chicago Fire, Yuriy Sardarov! I didn't recognize him at first, because he was clean-shaven.

It's a two part episode, which will conclude this Sunday, May 1st.

Nicey Nash was also in the episode, and there are talks of a potential spinoff next season, with her being one of the headliners.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Rookie – Episode From Sunday, April 24, 2022

@undertheradar I haven't watched that episode, yet, but I loved "Otis". 

Did you like Niecy Nash as part of the show?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes! I knew he looked familiar!

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@undertheradar I haven't watched that episode, yet, but I loved "Otis". 

Did you like Niecy Nash as part of the show?

@Dusty1 

Not really.  I thought they gave her way too much time at the expense of the other regular characters.  Well, if the Rookie production company is trying for another show, that would explain it.   

I just don't think a "cutesy" older FBI agent trainee is worth creating a show for, but you never know what will catch on.  JMO

Frequent Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

I haven't watched that episode, yet, but I loved "Otis".  Did you like Niecy Nash as part of the show?

In my humble opinion, she had too much "face time" in the episode.  In addition, her actions were not believable, even for a trainee.  

In the real world, I doubt the FBI would send a helicopter for anyone just because they knew the person of interest being investigated.  

Esteemed Contributor

@undertheradar wrote:

@Dusty1 wrote:

I haven't watched that episode, yet, but I loved "Otis".  Did you like Niecy Nash as part of the show?

In my humble opinion, she had too much "face time" in the episode.  In addition, her actions were not believable, even for a trainee.  

In the real world, I doubt the FBI would send a helicopter for anyone just because they knew the person of interest being investigated.  

@undertheradar  - I agree that there was too much air time given to her and her actions would not have been allowed.  In real life, I think she would have been fired on the spot.

Esteemed Contributor

I figured the show would revolve around her because the episode was to set up her character for her series.  It was advertised as the "backdoor pilot" for the show.  I will probably give it a try but I am thinking her character may get old very fast.

Frequent Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@undertheradar  - I agree that there was too much air time given to her and her actions would not have been allowed.  In real life, I think she would have been fired on the spot.

@twinsister – Can you imagine the FBI tolerating her behavior?

Frequent Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I figured the show would revolve around her because the episode was to set up her character for her series.  It was advertised as the "backdoor pilot" for the show.  I will probably give it a try but I am thinking her character may get old very fast.

If they manage to find a good ensemble cast, I would be able to watch the show.  If she is to be the main focal point, I would pass.

Honored Contributor

I purposely did not watch Sundays episode because of Niecy Nash.   So not a fan.