Respected Contributor

Binge-watched this series on Prime the other night til 3 am.  

Eight episodes depicting different present-day Romanoff descendants and their stories.  Sooo interesting.

Even though I think it was entirely fiction, it piqued my interest in the Romanoff family.  Placed my request at the library for a history of the family and how they rose to such power and prominence (5 star reviews).

Anyone catch this series? 

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@pommom @Thanks. I didn’t know that there was a series. I saw a documentary years ago and I never forgot it. I will look into this. 👍

Respected Contributor

@Pqfan 

Very interesting.  You won't regret getting hooked on it.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

We watched Season 1 Episode 1 with Anusha - who we LOVED.  But I couldn't get into episode 2 with a different cast - I wanted a whole series with Anushka.  Maybe I should give it another try.

Capture.PNG

Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

Binge-watched this series on Prime the other night til 3 am.  

Eight episodes depicting different present-day Romanoff descendants and their stories.  Sooo interesting.

Even though I think it was entirely fiction, it piqued my interest in the Romanoff family.  Placed my request at the library for a history of the family and how they rose to such power and prominence (5 star reviews).

Anyone catch this series? 

Same way all Royals do thru the blood line. Or war and you declare yourself King and then all your descendants are Kings and Princes after you. I've read books on the Russians and lot of them was assassinated. People weren't allowed to have nothing, lived like dogs, paid taxes , starved and everything the land, crops, animals all belonged to the Tsar's. 

Then they see the rich living high on the hog. Jewels out of this world

eating off of gold plate, serfs waiting on every need. Rich, entitled and spoiled.

Pretty much way it was every where. France, England, Russia, Spain.

Just have to read today's headlines and see it's still going on even here in the U.S. 

Honored Contributor

@pommom -

I ended up binge watching too!

I did like the first episode a lot. Marthe Keller was fascinating to watch.

As much as I love watching mesmerizing Christina Hendricks, I wish I hadn't watched no. 3-very creepy and wish I could forget.

I didn't like #2 either.Or 4 that much.

Did not like 5 at all. Liked 6 a lot.

Did not like 7 and 8 was creepily good.

It will be interesting to hear what others thought.

The problem with starting on the first which many reviews have said, is that it is very good, the rest are interesting and so different, you keep hoping you will like them but at least they are all intriguing if not great so I was glad to finally have finished!

So I guess 1 and 6 were my favorites.

8 was good but sad, as a lot of them were.

Hugh Skinner was expecially fun to watch as a woman.

Well, really life, though sometimes very distorted.

I miss Mad MenSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Mj12 

@Mj12 wrote:

We watched Season 1 Episode 1 with Anusha - who we LOVED.  But I couldn't get into episode 2 with a different cast - I wanted a whole series with Anushka.  Maybe I should give it another try.

Capture.PNG

At first, I had the same reaction.  Give it another try.  I really don't think you'll be disappointed.