Honored Contributor

So I'm sitting here reading my TV Guide (it's like my bible) and I see that Aquarius is returning Thursday June 16 at 9:00 on NBC. I thought the ratings weren't good and had no idea it was returning. I guess I'll watch it. 

Honored Contributor

I saw that it was coming back on.  I watched it last season but didn't love it.  I don't think I'll watch it this time.  I had it set up in my Tivo season passes but cancelled it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I'm not familiar with this?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

It stars David Duchovny as a police detective. It takes place in the 1960's and has Charlie Manson and his followers before the murders of 1969. 

Esteemed Contributor

Annabellethecat wrote:

The storyline of Aquarius focuses on Charles Manson from his early adult life to the formation of the commune which became his maniacal cult filled with se*, drugs, and crime. There was a criminal investigation looking into Manson well before the highly publicized Sharon Tate murder.  David Duchovny stars as an undercover police officer who has the assignment of infiltrating the gang.  

The show was better than I expected it to be.  hat said, like so many scripted shows on television presently, it has a dark theme and the episode plots reflect this.  

Honored Contributor

I am shocked that this came back!  We watched it and it had its moments but I really did not expect it to be picked up for another season.  There were a lot of shows way better than this that didn't make it.  Go figure!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2@AngelPuppy1@Trix@Annabellethecat66@NickNack

just saw this!!!! Are you evin kidding me??? HAHA LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

What is it about?  I don't know anything about it?  I watch so many shows I haven't had time to check it out.

@LTT1 Are you saying it stinks?  I like David Ducoveny (sp).  Is he any good in it?  Now you've made me curious.  I doubt if I'd watch it because I don't even have time for my favorite shows, but I respect your opinion.  What's up with this?

Trusted Contributor

I liked this show. I thought it had a good story for a summer show.

Esteemed Contributor

Annabellethecat wrote:

What is it about?  I don't know anything about it?  I watch so many shows I haven't had time to check it out.

@lovestoteach Are you saying it stinks?  I like David Ducoveny (sp).  Is he any good in it?  Now you've made me curious.  I doubt if I'd watch it because I don't even have time for my favorite shows, but I respect your opinion.  What's up with this?

Please read my previous post for a general overview about Aquarius. It's not a complicated storyline. I'm sure the producers and writers have taken some theatrical liberties with a few names, facts, and situations, but the gist of the show is that it is based on the LAPD's investigation into Manson's activities.