Honored Contributor

Anyone else watch????

Respected Contributor

loved the show. now, they will need a new strong woman dr. to balance out the guys. i hope we have new for awhile and not reruns.

Honored Contributor

Smiley Sad    I hate that she's leaving.  She is one of my favorite members of the cast.

Valued Contributor

MINA asked to leave the show.she had enough and has other projects

to do.the directors granted her  her wish and terminated her contract.

they loved her so much they told her she could come back anytime.

Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

MINA asked to leave the show.she had enough and has other projects

to do.the directors granted her  her wish and terminated her contract.

they loved her so much they told her she could come back anytime.

@heart of savino Well then there is always hope of a return in the future then!

Honored Contributor

Sad that she asked to be released from her contract. If you sign on, fulfill your obligation. She may regret her decision if big acting jobs don't come her way.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Sad that she asked to be released from her contract. If you sign on, fulfill your obligation. She may regret her decision if big acting jobs don't come her way.

@AuntG She probably already has some big acting gigs booked, I know she was in the First Black Panther, and that they are starting filming Black Panther 2 in July, so maybe that is one reason! Just speculating here.....I just did some research, and the producers liked her so much, they said she is welcome back if she ever wants to come back!

Honored Contributor

Re: The Resident

[ Edited ]

I felt so bad for AJ's mom.  I was so hoping this would be a Mina/AJ storyline in Nigeria with a return to Chastain in the future.

Either way, we've seen this before such as with Maggie in The Walking Dead-left for that nonsense Whiskey Cavalier show (which crashed) with the option for her to return to TWD.  Now, unfortunately, she is back on TWD>

So Shaunette may still come back in the future but it just won't be in the next season.

There will have to be some creative writing to fill in the hole that is left by Mina leaving.

The Resident' Boss on That Twist for Mina & AJ, a Bruce Greenwood Line, and  More

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: The Resident

[ Edited ]

The Resident is such a good show but they are starting to slip, imo.

What is up with letting Dr. Cain operate?  He "completed" his requirements based on his own say-so?  Somebody with a check-list just takes his word for it???

Dr. Voss taking the chance without even evaluating him herself?  And shouldn't the other doctor mention to Voss what she saw in that surgical practice room???

I know Voss said she would supervise him but then she had to leave and Cain crashed.  If that patient had ended up paralyzed, what a mess for Chastiain.

I was very surprised at that storyline and I seriously doubt it would have happened in RL.

Pravesh-for pity sake-just ask her out already.  And get rid of that matchmaker.  Yeesh.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

Hope Nia comes back I really enjoy this show alot. I don't reall watch many show but this one was great to me. Lets hope she comes back.