Valued Contributor

I really enjoy this show. The plot lines are straight from current headlines and I like the characters; however, I have worked in teaching hospitals for fifteen years and know how the medical hierarchy works. Any resident who speaks to an attending physician like Conrad does would have been fired. 

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching when it was all about Nic and her sister. I dislike Nic, a lot. I also liked Dr. Bell.

Respected Contributor

During the 1st season, Dr. Bell was making a lot of mistakes & having a lot of problems doing surgery & Conrad had a nickname for him of HODAD (Hands of Death And Destruction).  Is whatever was going on with him resolved?  I don't remember if they ever said what his problem was.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I stopped watching when it was all about Nic and her sister. I dislike Nic, a lot. I also liked Dr. Bell.

@occasionalrain   LOL about Nic.

I was not a fan of Emily VanCamp in Everwood so I have to admit that carries over to this show, for me.  When I saw her in the first episode I thought "Oh not her."  Meanie person I am.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

I Heart The Resident and New Amsterdam. They have good actors, compelling characters, and good story lines albeit a bit unbelievable at times.

Jane Leeves' character is my favorite, followed by AJ, Mina, Conrad and Nicole. I don't really know what is up with Devin. He has become quite sanctimonious.  I also HeartCorbin Bernsen. 

Dr Bell is ok. Whatever happened with his tremor?

dee