Honored Contributor

The Resident Officially Cancelled!!!!!

I am not happy about this! I kind of figured it would be cancelled after how it ended though, they wrapped everything up quite neatly.. I will really miss this show and it's characters!

I did read where Matt Czuchry is going to be on Amercian Horror Story next season though.

Glad they had the chance to wrap up the storylines though... 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Resident Officially Cancelled!!!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN I'm not happy either, I really like the show, better that they should have cancelled Fantasy Island. At least we got closure and weren't left hanging wondering what became of all the characters. 

Respected Contributor

I'm going to miss this show,

Trusted Contributor

I liked that show but like so many they took long breaks, especially once Covid hit - or so it seems. When a show takes a longer than usual hiatus I seem to lose interest in and don't always remember where we were in the storyline unless they do a day of reruns like Yellowstone does. That's probably more about my memory than the show! 

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed the show and will miss it.  Based on the way it ended I did think this would be happening though.

Regular Contributor

Even though I watched this show religiously since the beginning I won't miss it.  I never liked the Conrad character and some of the story lines were a bit unrealistic to me.  To me it started circling the drain after they killed off Nic.

Respected Contributor

Not suprised, but sad to see it end. I generally liked the group, but missed Nic and Dr. Okafor. I really didn't like the twin storyline, either.

Respected Contributor

I can't say I'm surprised. The way they ended the season told me that the producers thought it might be canceled. But DH & I will sure miss it!

At least they sort of wrapped up everything, and left things on a good or hopeful note.

Honored Contributor

I kind of had a feeling that the future of the show was "iffy".  The seemd to have really tied up a lot of things at the end of the last season and there really didn't seem to be any cliff-hangers as they often do with shows when they feel pretty sure they will be back for another season!  I enjoyed Matt's character on the show and his little girl was so cute.  I always felt the show lacked something after Nicole was killed off.  For awhile after that, I felt the show was kind of floundering, but it sort of picked up speed again and I was really enjoying it for the most part.  I did not like at all the story line with the twins.  I really enjoyed Jane Leeves character and her storyline with the head guy and his health issues.  Maybe Jane will now be freed up to go on the re-make of Kelsey Grammer's show???  Any way, I will miss the show.  It had a lot of interesting things going on.  

There are plenty of shows which are much worse that should and could have been gotten rid of instead!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

One of my favorite series.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you