Honored Contributor

'The Repair Shop' on Netflix

For those who love vintage/heirloom/antiques, this is a wonderful series from the UK that was just recently added to Netflix a couple of days ago.

DH and I are really enjoying it!  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: 'The Repair Shop' on Netflix

Will check it out. Thanks so much for posting.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Will check it out. Thanks so much for posting.

@IMW  Please post back and let me know how much you like it. The stories for each piece they repair is just so heartwarming.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Just found this program today and started watching. Being UK, I knew it would be good. It is terrfic and the quality of the craftsman, woodworkers, clockmakers, painting restorer, etc. is wonderful to watch.  The most beautiful piece so far is the Devonport Desk and the Lion Chair.  I have a great fondness for clocks so watching some of the transformations are stunning.  Great program for anyone interested in antique restoration!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove wrote:

Just found this program today and started watching. Being UK, I knew it would be good. It is terrfic and the quality of the craftsman, woodworkers, clockmakers, painting restorer, etc. is wonderful to watch.  The most beautiful piece so far is the Devonport Desk and the Lion Chair.  I have a great fondness for clocks so watching some of the transformations are stunning.  Great program for anyone interested in antique restoration!

@ScarletDove  I agree it's a wonderful show. There are lots of episodes in each of the 2 series that were released on Netflix. So far there are 126 episodes in total over 5 years. DH and I have been trying to only watch 2 or 3 shows a night. It's so easy to binge watch...LOL

Tonight we've been watching TCM...a lot of great holiday movies back to back including the British 'The Holly & the Ivy'...

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@ScarletDove  I agree it's a wonderful show. There are lots of episodes in each of the 2 series that were repleased so far on Netflix. So far there are 126 episodes in total over 5 years. DH and I have been trying to only watch 2 or 3 shows a night. It's so easy to binge watch...LOL

Tonight we've been watching TCM...a lot of great holiday movies back to back including the British 'The Holly & the Ivy'...

@Susan Louise  Thanks for the information...  "The Holly & the Ivy" is wonderful!  Thanks again and enjoy!

Valued Contributor

Just finished watching both seasons on Netflix and enjoyed it very much.  It was wonderful to see the passion of the artisans and the interaction between them and the people who brought in their treasures to be repaired.  Some of them were very emotional and heartfelt.  It was fun to hear the term "pride of place" so often.