Esteemed Contributor

Very good three night series.  First time I didn,t fall asleep watching TV in ages.

about Ebolia Zaire.  The actress Julianna Margulies,(sp)?, She played in The Good Wife, and the actor that was in The Americans, The FBI agent, played her husband.  True story of scientists that tried to stop it here in the US.  It was  on the National Geographic station..

It,s on demand now.

Trusted Contributor

If someone looks for it On Demand the title is The Hot Zone.

Honored Contributor

The series is based on true events and it is not a true story but science fiction. The Hot Zone is a six-episode series.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Red Zone Series

[ Edited ]

It's called The Hot Zone and it's a mini series on the National Geographic Channel.  It's good.  It will make you think.  It is loosely based on real events.  It's fiction but not science fiction.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

@SilleeMee wrote:

The series is based on true events and it is not a true story but science fiction. The Hot Zone is a six-episode series.

Yes, but 3 nights, 2 hours.  Clips at the end of final shows and talks about the Scientists that were protrayed in the series.  I felt it was a true story because of the comments of the actual scientists, the husband and wife. 

Did you watch the follow-up?

Esteemed Contributor

@JillyMarie 

@JillyMarie wrote:

Right excuse my 83 yr old mind.  I kept seeing the Title in Red. Oh well, we all make mistakes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Hot Zone Series on National Geographic station

@JillyMarie 

@JillyMarie wrote:

Right excuse my 83 yr old mind.  I kept seeing the Title in Red. Oh well, we all make mistakes.

Honored Contributor

There has never been an ebola outbreak in the US. That is what the series is about and the science used in the series comes from the outbreak which happened in Africa. All of the characters in the series are fictitious and may have been developed from actual people who were involved in the true events but as far as any real people from the African outbreak in the series, there are none.

Trusted Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@JillyMarie 

@JillyMarie wrote:

I just assumed you were a big football fan and got your zones mixed up.

Super Contributor

If my memory serves me correctly, a gentleman came back from Africa, became ill, and was hospitalized at a facility in Texas.  Turns out he had Ebola.  Two healthcare workers contracted Ebola from him;  and these were probably the first cases contracted in the US.  With the world getting smaller and smaller, its just a matter of time till it happens here again.