Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Hot Zone Series on National Geographic station

@JillyMarie 

@JillyMarie wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@JillyMarie 

@JillyMarie wrote:

If someone looks for it On Demand the title is The Hot Zone.

Right excuse my 83 yr old mind.  I kept seeing the Title in Red. Oh well, we all make mistakes.

I just assumed you were a big football fan and got your zones mixed up.

No, just finished watching The Golden State Warriors.   Not into football at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carolm 

@Carolm wrote:

If my memory serves me correctly, a gentleman came back from Africa, became ill, and was hospitalized at a facility in Texas.  Turns out he had Ebola.  Two healthcare workers contracted Ebola from him;  and these were probably the first cases contracted in the US.  With the world getting smaller and smaller, its just a matter of time till it happens here again.  

I just heard on tonight,s news that a police officer in Southern Calif contacted Typhoid Fever.   They showed a lot of homeless camps in the street.  Getting very bad job my city of SF.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Red Zone Series

[ Edited ]

The Hot Zone is a book by Richard Preston (the full title is The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus) and is a true story.)

Very confusing (and dishonest, I think) to use the name of a nonfiction book to create a drama for TV when the only thing shared (apparently, since the book didn't deal with ebola in the US) is the title.

The 1995 movie "Outbreak" with Dustin Hoffman was based on the book.  Book and movie...both excellent!  IMO.

Keepin' it real.