Honored Contributor

New limited drama series premiers on 4/28 on cbs. It will be on 4 Sundays in a row, each episode is 2 hours from 8 to 10 ET. Stars Noah Wyle of ER fame, read his is excellent in this. 

Esteemed Contributor

What is the premise of the show?  I don’t understand from the previews but I am going to check it out. 

Honored Contributor

I read that it deals heavily on race relations after a shooting and how it affects all of those involved. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Red Line

[ Edited ]

@godi wrote:

What is the premise of the show?  I don’t understand from the previews but I am going to check it out. 

@godi   this is what I got from watching an interview with Noah Wyle and a couple of the other cast members.

An African American male doctor is killed [shot in the back] by a Caucasian policeman.The show focuses on the effects of this shooting on the doctor's family [his husband and their teenage/young adult daughter] and the policeman who fired the fatal shots.

Noah Wiley plays the husband of the slain doctor. Their daughter begins to turn away from him because she doesn't think he as a white man can truly relate to the rage she as a young black woman feels about what happened to her other father. As a result of this tragedy she wants to find her biological mother because she needs to have a connection to someone who looks like her.

They will also show the inner struggle the mother will go through trying to decide if this connection [which she severed years ago] should be restored. The bio mom is in the midst of a political run and the revelation of this daughter could possibly thwart that.

Hope this helps.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Wow. This covers a lot. Police shooting a black man, lacking white man, gay married couple, unpleasant teen. 

I wasn’t planning to watch it because it sounds sad. And it’s on Sunday night and I watch something else. 

Even if it was on another night I’d avoid it.  Don’t need the sadness. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

I feel the same way as @esmerelda .    I think this series would be too sad for me.    Just watching the previews are difficult enough.  

Honored Contributor

No, looks like a hot mess

Trusted Contributor

I really liked this show.  It will be interesting to see what happens next week.  The woman running for office looks so familiar.  Anyone know who she is?

Valued Contributor

@TaylorBrown wrote:

I really liked this show.  It will be interesting to see what happens next week.  The woman running for office looks so familiar.  Anyone know who she is?

Here is what was on IMDb - Emayatzy Corinealdi was born on January 14, 1980 in Fort Knox, Kentucky, USA as Emayatzy Evett Corinealdi. She is known for her work on Middle of Nowhere (2012), Roots (2016) and The Invitation (2015).

Trusted Contributor

Lots of different opinions here.  Love it.  I did a forum on this weeks ago because I love Noah Wylie.

I live in Chicago and this 8 part series is inspired by the Laquan McDonald case that occurred here some time ago where a young african american boy was shot by police.

I have not watched the initial episode yet.  I like to record at least 3-4 episodes and then binge watch so that I really get to know the characters in one sitting.  Sure it will be sad, but that has never stopped me before.