Esteemed Contributor

A look at the lives of a group of teenagers living in a hospital.

Has anyone seen promos for this? It looks like YA television. Starts on FOX September 17. I don't plan to watch. I doubt it will last long.

Of course...I could be wrong.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

I watched the pilot episode online and I've already forgotten it. I do remember thinking that it was better than I thought it would be.

Honored Contributor

I listen to Entertainment Weekly on XM radio (I love that show). They talk about all of the new shows and they just rated them according to what they have to go up against.

I can't remember what they say about this show.

I tried to find a post where they listed each show; but of course I couldn't.

Again, it all depends on what it goes up against. They also took into account what the other shows are like each new show goes up against. For instance they think some people might not want to watch football and might tune into a new show.

It's rather interesting how they figure some of this out. Of course, they are the first to admit they are often wrong! Ha!

Super Contributor

I think it looks interesting. I'm not into the plethora of crime shows.

Valued Contributor

Boy I hope you are wrong as I am anxiously awaiting it!! Think it will be inspirational for anyone to watch!!

Super Contributor

The premise of Red Band Society, "a look at the lives of a group of teenagers living in a hospital," sounds very similar to the recent popular feature film, The Fault in Our Stars (2014). RBS should score well with the same demographics. It's Executive Produced by Extant EP Steven Spielberg. Other than Academy Award winner Octavia Spencer and Dave Annable (Brothers and Sisters), the cast consists mostly of unknowns. Despite admiring those two fine actors, I'm not sure if they are sufficient reason to entice me to watch, as the subject matter of RBS isn't my cup of tea and I'm most definitely outside the target demos.

Honored Contributor

I like any shows that have unknowns. I get very, very tired of seeing the same faces in all of these shows.

Why don't they use more 'unknowns'? It is difficult for me to relate to some of these characters when I know they've been in so many other shows.

I wish more shows would use people we've never seen before! They could give other (young and old) actors a chance to make a living.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/13/2014 Marsha2003 said:

I watched the pilot episode online and I've already forgotten it. I do remember thinking that it was better than I thought it would be.

I watch the Mexican TV stations every once in a while. There has been a show on for a long while with the same premise - kids living in the hospital and their adventures /issues. They wore red bands on wrist. I did not watch it often. But never knew if this was the first showing of this show or if the storyline was borrowed from the US!! Kind of like The Bridge -- the show actually was first developed and shown in the Scandinavia area. The show took place on Sweden/ Denmark border. The US version of The Bridge took place on US/Mexico border.

Honored Contributor

I think we have 3 (althought I can't find mine) original posts on this TV show. Let's find a way to combine them and only have one so we don't miss each other's posts.

Mine has been deleted (I maybe didn't register right) .

Here I thought I did a good job posting....(I'm kidding).

Someone pick and that way the other person's postings won't get lost.

Not for me to pick. You guys pick or else we'll choose different ones and I want to see what everyone says because I enjoy and learn a lot from all of you.