Respected Contributor

Re: The Reason (Reportedly) Megyn Kelly's Exit From NBC Took So Long

I'd like to think no one could buy my silence but I'll never have a contract like that to test it. In this case... parting is a very good thing for both sides, just move on.

Frequent Contributor

Megyn Kelly loved to debate and I saw that particular show that doomed her fate.  She had a few other well knowns with her and no one blinked or said anything at the comment that resulted in her firing.  Later, Ms Bush said something to the affect, "then the conversation took a wrong turn,"  but she was thoroughly enjoying herself that day as were the other invited guests at Megyn's table. 

Honored Contributor

@zumka wrote:

Megyn Kelly loved to debate and I saw that particular show that doomed her fate.  She had a few other well knowns with her and no one blinked or said anything at the comment that resulted in her firing.  Later, Ms Bush said something to the affect, "then the conversation took a wrong turn,"  but she was thoroughly enjoying herself that day as were the other invited guests at Megyn's table. 

@zumka  My first thought when I read about the incident (which I didn't see firsthand as it happened, like you did) was later confirmed by a lot of articles I read online (to the extent what you read can be believed).  Which is, that NBC was looking for an excuse to get rid of her, due to poor ratings for her shows and her not being well-liked at NBC and not fitting in with staff or a show format.  I truly believe that. I don't think she would ever have been fired for that comment of hers alone, esp. if her shows were getting high ratings.  

NBC, though, got a lot of blowback for her comment, including in-house from Al Roker especially, that NBC used the incident as a "last straw" of many straws to get rid of her.  But the bottom line was the ratings and her not being worth what they were paying her.

Esteemed Contributor

I would happily keep my mouth shut for the rest of my life, for that kind of money.

The secrets must be very juicy if they're willing to fork over that kind of dough.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

more power to her......i bet she knows A LOT!

she is getting her money for pretty much doing nothing now.

@sunshine45  I would sure love to get $30 million for doing nothing!  I wouldn't be the least bit bored not being in the workforce.  Oh....I'd just love it!

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I would happily keep my mouth shut for the rest of my life, for that kind of money.

The secrets must be very juicy if they're willing to fork over that kind of dough.

@YorkieonmyPillow  I'd even do it for a million! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

NBC was foolish to sign her in the first place.  I wonder if heads will roll   Comcast may need to increase our cable rates to cover this mistake ...

Comcast has already raised rates and mine went up $50.00 a month.  To quote  Bocelli & Brightman; "Time to Say Goodbye"

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@zumka wrote:

@zumka  My first thought when I read about the incident (which I didn't see firsthand as it happened, like you did) was later confirmed by a lot of articles I read online (to the extent what you read can be believed).  Which is, that NBC was looking for an excuse to get rid of her, due to poor ratings for her shows and her not being well-liked at NBC and not fitting in with staff or a show format.  I truly believe that. I don't think she would ever have been fired for that comment of hers alone, esp. if her shows were getting high ratings.  

NBC, though, got a lot of blowback for her coincluding in-house from Al Roker especially, that NBC used the imment, ncident as a "last straw" of many straws to get rid of her.  But the bottom line was the ratings and her not being worth what they were paying her.

Yet another newscaster used a very racist term, was fired, and Al Roker said oh, that was just a misstatement; he should have been given a pass (gist).  IMO that showed how much Roker had it out for Kelly.  After all, she took his spot and now he has it back.

Honored Contributor

Smart woman, I give her credit, she does have a law degree and knew what she was doing and it paid off!

Frequent Contributor

@Wsmom  I truly wonder what the psychological implication is when someone jumbles their words that produces something bad....if at some level it could have been done because he was racist or if sometimes a mistake is just a mistake as him and his wife have stated.