Trusted Contributor

Re: The Real Housewives Franchise!

Great read.  This confirms storylines are scripted

and the producer's are the initial potstirrer's on these reality shows.  Then the women take it from there LOL!

Trusted Contributor

As far as watching these reality show's I view them as entertainment.  DVR and watch when I get the chance.  I do love documentaries and good movies but they are far and few between today.  Mostly crazy futuristic stuff and action flicks.

I don't watch game shows, the news media shows become tiresome and stressful.  This is mindless

fluff to watch for me.

I started watching the stories (soaps) when I was a little girl with my mother when I was little. It stuck.  I still DVR some of them today and don't find them 

to be less nuts than these crazy housewives and their antics are today.

Esteemed Contributor

From what I have learned through the years,the  Tourism Department of various countries, resorts, etc. will comp a lot of the trip (for product placement and advertising, of course).  The individual production company foots the bill for any leftovers.  

Also, that article quoting Alex McCord was not entirely correct when they mentioned the "Friends of the Housewives" not getting paid.  That may be the case on some franchises but there are cases where the "Friends" are getting paid (Marlo of RHA, Vickie Gunvalson on this season of RHOC, etc.).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown