Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Quiet Place - Horror Movie

I'm a fan of two leading characters, plus they hired a deaf girl to play their daughter. Kept me on the edge of my seat and although I don't want to see it again, it was a good, 'ol scary movie. Husband didn't like it. We've been seeing a lot of heart-wrenching movies lately and this was a nice change. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@2blonde I'd last about 2 minutes (keeping quiet).  I like people and I like talking to people!

My late husband had Tinnitus (ringing in ears), so he always wanted the heat pump fan running and 'white noise'.  I guess I got used to it.

My next door neighbor (he helps me, he's 20 years old) said he saw it with his girlfriend.  He said they liked it.

I just love being with my grandchildren (although 2 are teenagers and 1 is almost a teenager).

I keep telling them how lucky I am that they like being with me....(I learn so much about young people in today's world through them).  

@Annabellethecat66  Yes!  I'd never be able to keep my mouth shut for more than 15 minutes (and that's a stretch).  I also enjoy personal interactions.  Like you, I don't like dead silence (except maybe when I'm at work trying to concentrate).  The first thing I do when I get home is turn on the TV (thus, my shopping channel problem).

I also like being around young people.  I've worked at a community college most of my life where the ages vary, but they are getting younger.  It really keeps me current and energetic.  I also go to a gym several times a week, which is a great place to interact with people of all ages, colors, sizes and personalities!

It's wonderful that your grandkids enjoy your company.  I find young people like to confide in me and hang out with me too.  In my case, I think it has to do with me never having kids of my own, so I never took on that "parental" personality.  I never had to grow up for the sake of my kids, so I can still relate to them, and them to me.  I try not to judge them......only offer some "sage" advice when appropriate.  

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know anything about the director but I love Emily Blount she was too funny in the The Devil Wears Prada movie with Meryl Streep.

I plan to see it this weekend with hubby.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde Can you imagine if we started talking?  Ha!

I've had 2 people tell me the hardest part about the movie was being quiet while eating popcorn and candy!

I always get popcorn and candy!

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Cape Fear with Robert DeNero and Nick Nolte is scary IMO, especially because it is not supernatural.  Every time I watch it, I bite my nails on the edge of my seat.

@Carmie- the original was quite scary too....just plain evil is scary 

Honored Contributor

I finally watched it, at home alone.

I thought it was interesting.    Scenery is beautiful, foothills of the Adirondacks.

It was very suspenseful, gore was limited.

The young children actors are incredible.

I didn't like what the father did toward the end, I think the children would have been fine without his sacrifice.  Some parts of the storyline were predictable.

Also I wish they could have pursued the connection between the alien "ear" and the cochlear implant more.   Maybe I expect too much from a movie!

The concept was clever and challenging for seeing it in a movie theater.

Honored Contributor

I watched this about a month ago at home, hubby and I. I really liked it, hubby did not.....I think it would have been very cool to see it in the theatre though with the surround sound and all.......It was very different, but I thought they did a great job, especially the children acting in it! I really John and Emily as well.  

Honored Contributor

I didn't care for the movie.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Oh I so want to see this movie!  Love John and Emily...both great actors!

Esteemed Contributor

We never made it to the movies to see it but maybe that's a good thing because I might have jumped out of my seat.  I didn't think it would be as intriguing but it really pulled me in but we finally saw it last night in the comfort of home.  It was different that's for sure.  Love Emily Blunt.