Trusted Contributor

The Quiet Man is on TCM, tonight (Sun.) at 8pm.  I've watched many times, but it's a wonderful movie.

Trusted Contributor

thanks, one of my favorites,

Honored Contributor

Wayne and O'Hara--  dynamite combo!

Honored Contributor

Not being snarky or anything, honest, but I think I am the only person I've ever known who doesn't like this move a-tall! Glad others do, I just don't!

Respected Contributor

A wonderful movie.  Shows the beauty of the west of Ireland.  I've included a link that shows where in Ireland it was filmed.  Sadly to say the White O'Mourn cottage is in disrepair.  It's been said she could hold her own with John Ford and John Wayne.  Small bit of trivia on Maureen O'Hara, she had a beautiful voice.  Loved when she was teamed with John Wayne!

https://www.irishcentral.com/travel/where-was-the-movie-the-quiet-man-filmed

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Not being snarky or anything, honest, but I think I am the only person I've ever known who doesn't like this move a-tall! Glad others do, I just don't!

I'm so sorry you don't love this one. It's possibly my favorite movie.  The whole cast seemed so perfect and the music - especially the backgrouond "Isle of Inisfree"  - is just beautiful.  I hope you can find something you'll enjoy as much as I enjoy this wonderful movie.  Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Super Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Wayne and O'Hara--  dynamite combo!

@Oznell   They're my favorite movie couple.

Honored Contributor

I watched the Quiet Man for the first time on St. Patrick's Day.  I don't know why I never saw it before but was determined to see it this time around.  

I liked it a lot and of course the scenery was lovely and the chemistry between O'Hara and Wayne kept the story interesting.  It is a light hearted uplifting movie which I I am glad I finally saw!!!!!