Valued Contributor

Watched The Queen's Gambit on Netflix over the weekend.

I orginally heard about this limited series from Isaac Mizrahi on the Q. I really enjoyed the plot, and the actors were ex-cellent. The plot revolves around an orphan girl who becomes a chess prodigy,

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Queen's Gambit

[ Edited ]

I too just watched it this past weekend with my husband.  Very well done, well written.  The main character actress is a beautiful girl, very unique look AND talented.  

Respected Contributor

@pateacher wrote:

Watched The Queen's Gambit on Netflix over the weekend.

I orginally heard about this limited series from Isaac Mizrahi on the Q. I really enjoyed the plot, and the actors were ex-cellent. The plot revolves around an orphan girl who becomes a chess prodigy,

Our daughter told us about it and then we binge watched it two weekends ago. It was great and my husband and myself loved it!!!

Honored Contributor

@pateacher 

Funny that you mentioned this series, I read an article today that said Heath Ledger had plans to direct and produce a movie version of The Queen's Gambit, before he tragically died.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I also heard it is excellent.,

Trusted Contributor

It was a good story and having grown up in the 60's, I loved the costumes and the sets.

Esteemed Contributor

I binged watched the show this past Sunday.

Excellent show, and I highly recommend. 

Esteemed Contributor
LOL - did everyone watch it this weekend!! I also turned it on Sunday.

However, I had to turn it off with one or two episodes left because I wanted to catch up on The Undoing episode that I missed. Didn’t want to get more behind on that because I like reading the thread on it. Hoping I can finish soon; thought it was good even though I know very little about chess.
Valued Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
LOL - did everyone watch it this weekend!! I also turned it on Sunday.

However, I had to turn it off with one or two episodes left because I wanted to catch up on The Undoing episode that I missed. Didn’t want to get more behind on that because I like reading the thread on it. Hoping I can finish soon; thought it was good even though I know very little about chess.

@Alter Ego  I know nothing about chess, either, and wasn't sure if this film was for me. I still don't understand the chess strategies, but I think the film makers were so skillful in keeping us chess-challenged people involved in the plot.

Frequent Contributor

We just finished the last episode. What a great series. Hubby liked it too. We know nothing about chess, but really enjoyed it.